Tuesday 12 February 2013
Umeme Limited is an Electricity Distribution company listed on the Uganda and Nairobi Securities Exchange, with Actis’ Infrastructure 2 fund as a majority investor. Actis is a leading investor in the emerging markets, managing over US$4.8bn worth of investment on behalf of more than 100 institutional investors, including the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC), a UK Government owned company.
Umeme is seeking to recruit employees with high integrity, dedication and commitment to fill the positions below in the Engineering Department.
Job title: Systems Operating Regulation Manager REF: No UM/ENG/02/02/
Employment type: Full time
City / Location: Kampala
Job category: Engineering
Min. years of experience: 6 years
Required languages: English
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: February 22, 2013 - 5pm
Reports to Chief Technical Officer
• Manage / co-ordinate / plan deliver and monitor SOR training program for all staff.
• Ensure Operations are in an accident free work environment on a sustainable basis
• Ensuring network safety practices are in line with industry best practice
• Periodically review the System Operation Regulations and work permit system to ensure it is adequate and in line with industry best practice at all times
• Develop and manage effective training and testing methodologies that ensure the production and maintenance of highly competent authorized personnel.
• Compile and follow up on the SOR Audit action points
• Implement a system that monitors complies with safety operating rules, people, processes, plant and equipment
• Follow-up on the training for refresher and newly recruited staff
• Ensure accidents that relate to system operations are thoroughly investigated and mitigation measures identified and implemented
• Develop and sustain a safety culture in network operations
• Coordinate interviews for staff SOR engineering compliance
• Identify gaps in SOR and make recommendations to the SOR review committee.
• Develop SOR annual training plans
Required qualifications and experience
• BSc Electrical Engineering Degree
• At least 6 years post qualification experience in power system operations.
• Knowledge and full understating of electrical safety in power distribution
Passion for safety, Honesty and integrity, Accuracy, Team player, Attention to detail, Excellent communication skills, Ability to work with little supervision,
Contact/How to apply:
Please submit your applications marked: ‘Umeme – Position Name’ to the address or e-mail below. E-mails must not exceed 2 MB. Closing date is 5 PM on the 22nd of February 2013. email@example.com