Thursday 16 May 2013
Job Title: Director Development Planning
The National Planning Authority (NPA) is the Principal Statutory Agency for management of national and decentralized development planning in Uganda . The NPA is tasked with a mandate to produce comprehensive and intergrated development plans for the country .
• Contribute to the Policy Statement, Authority’s Annual Reports , National Development Reports and other relevant reports
• Review departmental quarterly and annual reports and consolidate them into the Directorate’s reports ;
• Direct the development of and monitor performance against the annual directorate budget and the Authority’s improvement plan budget ;
• Manage and direct the development , implementation and evaluation of the Directorate ‘s plans; policies , systems and procedures to achieve annual goals , objectives and work standards;
• A Masters Degree in Development Planning and Management ; Economic Policy and Planning ; Development Economics ;or closely related discipline from a recognized University.
• Other post graduate qualifications , diplomas, certificates etc in any of these areas will be considered an added advantage .
• Working experience of at least , 10 years, six of which must be in the areas of policy formulation and development ; development planning ; program implementation ; as well as monitoring and evaluation , at Senior management level, in a reputable development –oriented institution/organization or government institution .
• Knowledge of the Central Government operations , policy formulation and the SWAP process in Uganda .
How to apply
If your qualifications and experience match any of these roles please email your application quoting the relevant job title to Executive Selection Division, KPMG at the following email address: email@example.com .
Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact , qualifications , achievements , experience , present position and names and addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages ) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position .
Deadline: 07/06 /2013
Job Title: Advertising Manager
Vision Group is inviting qualified candidates for recruitment of the vacant position above .
Key Result Areas
• Ensure targets on each radio station are achieved in order for each radio to achieve growth and sustain its self and generate profits for the company .
• Ensure that what is aired on each radio station is approved and well documented and ensure client full satisfaction .
• Coordinate with programming on each radio station and relay the information to the sales team in order to create more programs to sell and appeal to the customer due to their relevance.
• Ensure there is open and regular communication between the programming team and sales team so that the team is synergized and is conversant with their products
• Travel to all up country radio stations to help the decentralized team make sales through training and brain storming .
• Must have minimum experience in community/regional sales of three years
• Business degree from a recognized university
• Excellent analytical , planning and implementation skills
• Highly self-driven dynamic personality
• Good at Power Point , excel and can quickly adapt to available sales management software.
• Professional qualification in sales and marketing an added advantage
How to apply
If you are interested in the above position , address your application to :
Chief Human Resources Officer, The New Vision Printing and Publishing Company Ltd. P. O. Box 9815, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 17/ 05 / 2013
Job Title: District Liaison Officer
Peoples Performance Group is seeking to recruit qualified candidates who fill competitive enough for the vacant position above.
• Overseeing the monitoring and implementation of the compliance practices in line with PLAN, USAID guidelines for all district related funding from NU-HITES
• Responsible for payments during NU-HITES district supported activities and ensuring proper accountabilities are received for all funds advanced .
• Carry out financial monitoring visits to strengthen Financial Management of NU-HITES supported activities by district stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in B-Com, BBA, or related fields
• 2 years relevant experience working with USAID or similar donor funded Projects .
• Professional training on or experience with related field would be an added advantage .
• Knowledge and experience of working in the socio-economic and political content of northern Uganda
• Demonstrable abilities in planning and coordination
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter with three work related referees to the address below. Please mark your application with the position Name of the job you are applying for . E-mails that don’t exceed 2MB will be rejected by the system .
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P. O. Box 12405, Kampala –Uganda
Deadline: 17/ 05 /2013
Job title: Technology for Development Specialist
In November 2009, UNICEF Uganda set up a cross-sectoral Technology for Development Coordination Unit, tasked to support the integration of innovative practices into traditional UNICEF programming. The T4D Unit focused on identifying regional and global trends in innovative technologies, reviewing initiatives with programmatic counterparts and assessing opportunities for the use of innovations, advising government counterparts, strengthening partnerships and supporting capacity building with local and regional stakeholders, managing the design and development of software applications and hardware components, coordinating testing and deployment, and monitoring and evaluating outcomes. As part of this process, the T4D Unit led or participated in high level discussions (including Working Groups, Task Forces, etc) with donors, government and development partners and the private sector.
Employment type: Full time
Job category: IT/Software Development
Min. years of experience: 5 years
Required languages: English
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: May 31, 2013 - 5pm
Purpose of Assignment:
To work as lead specialist in a team of consultants in a unit responsible for identifying, assessing, building and integrating ICTs into regular UNICEF programming where appropriate, and to build capacity within UNICEF, GoU and local NGOs, CBOs and FBOs to increasingly take the lead on T4D related projects; with a special focus on education, communication, child protection and youth participation.
The consultant will oversee, support or advise on ongoing programmatic development of T4D initiatives, especially including DevTrac, Child Helpline, MobilleVRS, RapidFTR, RapidSMS based systems (ureport, mtrac, edutrac), and new T4D initiatives
The consultant will oversee and support the work of external suppliers for these T4D initiatives, especially external software development companies, including preparation of Terms of Reference, support in the identification process and monitoring of the implementation of external service contracts.
The consultant will support the preparation of Terms of Reference, recruitment process, administration and supervision of other consultants for these T4D initiatives.
As needed, the consultant will coordinate the work of external experts engaged to assist with T4D initiatives, academic institutions and private sector partners, as well as volunteers, interns, and other experts that become available in the course of the contract.
The consultant will work with IT, Admin, and Supply sections to ensure support and coordination for all T4D initiatives.
The consultant will research, identify, assess and support the introduction of new T4D initiatives and its integration into UNICEF´s standard programs. This may include ICT tools proposed within UNICEF Uganda as well as by other Country and Regional Offices, and UNICEF HQ.
The consultant will, when needed, pursue fundraising opportunities, prepare necessary documentations proposals and donor reports.
The consultant will support outreach to academic, civil society and private sector interest groups with linkages to T4D activities.
The consultant will act as the back-up focal point for management on T4D initiatives and, as needed, support the T4D Coordinator with input to work planning, team coordination, fundraising, budgeting, administrative duties, and relationships with providers, partners, institutions and individuals with whom UNICEF engages for work on innovations across the board.
The consultant will, when requested, work with the programmatic units within UNICEF Uganda (Alive, Safe, Learning) as well as the Communications, C4D, and Youth sections, to ensure T4D initiatives within those sections are coordinated and supported. This may include help with recruitment and supervision of other consultants.
The consultant will, when requested, represent UNICEF Uganda’s T4D Unit during high level donor visits, government and development partner meetings (Working Groups, Task Forces, etc), and international conferences and events.
The consultant will, when requested, advise and provide support to UNICEF’s East and Southern African Regional Office (ESARO), as well as UNICEF HQ.
Duration: 11 months
Duty station: Kampala – UNICEF office
Supervisor (must be a staff member): Chief of Communication
Monthly payment, approved upon monthly review with supervisor
Consultant is granted an additional $1000/month housing stipend
Consultant is entitled to 1 round-trip ticket
Consultant is responsible for his or her own health insurance
Consultant is eligible for standard in- and out-of-country DSA for all work-related travel, as well as eligible
to ride in UNICEF vehicles for in-country travel.
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required for the assignment:
Education and experience:
Advanced degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Science, International Affairs, International
Relations, International Development, Business Management, or related practical experience
At least 5 years progressively responsible professional work experience in communication, education, and technology fields; some of which should be in an international setting.
A strong understanding of UNICEF programmes and policy, including knowledge of communication, technology, youth participation and partnership goals, as well as sound interpretation and judgment to present these programmes and policies in a way that enhances UNICEF’s image.
Experience in supporting and coordinating project activities across a large organization and with other international partner organizations.
Knowledge of current trends in youth participation and new media, as well as a good understanding of development issues, world affairs and current events.
Proven ability to manage relationships with UNICEF partners, including youth coalitions, universities, intellectual leaders, UN organizations, NGOs and the private sector
Proven skills in communication, networking, strategic thinking, advocacy, negotiation, and ability to relate this to new media and young people.
Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
Team leadership experience
Experience managing projects with strong technology components
Experience with ICT4D and technical background in a development context
Experience working with programmers
Strong writing and communication skills and the aptitude to handle competing messages and priorities with
Able to travel
Language: Fluency in written and verbal English is a must; competence in at least one other UN language is preferred
Other skills: Advanced web 2.0 skills
Very good interpersonal skills, skilled at persuading, influencing, relating and networking
Creative, innovative thinker who can also translate ideas into practical applications
Contact/How to apply:
Send letter of interest, CV and any relevant sample work (links or attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org and
Applications must be received by 31st May 2013