Makerere University Kampala (MUK)
Established in 1922 as a humble technical school, Makerere University is one of the oldest and most prestigious Universities in Africa. In January of that year, the school, which was later renamed Uganda Technical College, opened its doors to 14 day students who began studying Carpentry, Building and Mechanics. The College soon began offering various other courses in Medical Care, Agriculture , Veterinary Sciences and Teacher Training. It expanded over the years to become a Center for Higher Education in East Africa in 1935. In 1937, the College started developing into an institution of higher education, offering post-school certificate courses. In 1949, it became a University College affiliated to the University College of London, offering courses leading to the general degrees of its then mother institution.
Job Title: Lecturer (4 Vacancies)
Faculty: College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHUSS)
Department: Department of Political Science and Public Administration.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Lecturer will be responsible for;
- Teaching, examining and grading of graduates
- Supervision of research for graduate and undergraduate students
- Mentoring junior staff in academic growth and research
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a PhD in Political Science, Public Administration or International Relations.
- Possess an MA. Political Science, Public Administration or International Relations.
- An Upper Second BA(Social Sciences) degree Majoring in Political Science, Public Administration or International Relations
How to Apply:
All applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacancies above. Please submit your application, Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and Transcripts (3 copies each set) giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, work experience, present salary and naming three referees, plus their postal addresses. Applicants should make sure that at least two referees have forwarded references concerning their application by the closing date.
Applications should be delivered to the Appointments Board Office, Room 406, Top Floor, Main Building, Makerere University, and addressed to:
P.O. Box 7062
Deadline: 31st December 2013