Job title: STRUCTURAL ENGINEER (2 PEOPLE)
Organisation UGANDA BAATI LIMITED
Closing date: September 13, 2013 - 5pm
• Key role shall be designing of roof trusses & roofing sheets as per structural drawings & advising/consultation/supervision on installation of roof structures using Uganda Baati’s material for residential/commercial/industrial/institutional buildings/projects.
• Proper & extensive in-house training on designing software & products shall be given.
• Studying client’s structural drawing’s, making own drawings using software, specifications & computer models of roofing structures.
• Analyzing configurations of the basic structural components of a roof structures.
• Generate, Receive, Handle and respond to customer enquirers regarding Ultraspan steel trusses & roofing sheets sales/installation/designing.
• Work directly with sales team and customers for the supply of material as well as installation of roofing structures.
• Handling all techno commercial issues related to designing of roofing structure.
• Carry out Market surveys on new roofing concept and make field reports.
Required knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
a) Bachelor or Diploma in Science or Civil or Structural Engineering.
b) Must be able to read & understand architects/contractor’s drawing’s convert them to required parameters of roofing material requirements.
c) Experience in design & construction preferably in related industrial buildings with precast & long span roof trusses.
d) 0 – 2 years working experience in a similar position.
e) Using MS Office applications and computer-aided design (CAD/AutoCAD) technology for simulation purposes.
f) Excellent communication and organization skills & must have ability is to work in a team in multicultural organization.
g) Strong leadership skills.
h) Willingness to travel.
i) Strong conceptual & analyzing skills.
Should be a professional not more than 35 years of age, self-driven, assertive, confident and objective with willingness to grow in professional life
How to apply:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates with the above qualifications should please forward their applications no later than 13th September 2013 to the address below:
Attn: Human Resource Manager
Uganda Baati Limited
Plot 14/28 Kibira Rd, Industrial Area, P.O. Box 3554 Kampala, Uganda.
Tel: (+256)414-254108/9/10; Fax: (+256)414-344602
Email: email@example.com; Website: www.ugandabaati.com