Job Title: Project Officer – CSF Prevention Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Medical Services
Mildmay Uganda is an HIV/AIDS treatment and training centre also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda. It is situated on Entebbe Road, Lweza, south of Kampala, Uganda.
The job holder will provide oversight for the day-to-day project activities ensuring timely planning, implementation and monitoring of the project activities. In addition the job holder will also support the scale up and access of comprehensive HIV prevention services to other MUg supported MARPs/key population projects and other prevention interventions to improve health outcomes and contribute to the reduction of new HIV infections
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should possess University degree in a Social Sciences field or its equivalent from a recognised university.
- A Diploma in Project Planning & Management is an added advantage)
- At least 3 years experience in community health work
- Current knowledge on HIV prevention, care and treatment.
- Knowledge and experience in the Ugandan Health Sector /district health service delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in OVC service delivery
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in various MS office packages and working knowledge of English and local language(s) are crucial.
- Hard working, trust-worthy, and holding the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be flexible, reliable, able to work under pressure; and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
- Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates persons who meet the above job requirements should send their applications to: The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly indicate in the subject of the email, the position applied for or post to P.O. Box 24985, Kampala, Uganda
NB: The applications should contain certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of which should be a former employer). Candidates with incomplete information will not be short-listed
Deadline: Friday 29th November 2013