Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children and has program presence in over 120 countries in the world .
• As a member of the Extended Senior Leadership Team , the Area manager shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the regional Office operations .
• The Area Manager in his/her capacity is responsible for implementation of all programming in the region ,
• Including the management of all sub offices , emergency preparedness and
• Response and logistics for the region , This position reports to the Director of Program Operations .
• Bachelors degree in any relevant field .
• A post graduate training in Project Management , Community Development will be an added advantage with a masters degree in any relevant field.
• At least 8 years progressive experience in program implementation with at least 5 of those years in a middle management position in an NGO
• Thorough understanding of national poverty alleviation strategies as well as current national and international trends in to global poverty and development .
How to apply
Application letters with detailed CV indicating 3 referees , two of whom should have been direct supervisors should be submitted to;
The Director of Human Resources & Administration
Save the Children
Plot 68/70, Kira Road
P. O. Box 12018,
Deadline: 19 /04 /2013