Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Treasurer
Job Ref: EB/HALMO/2013-3
Ecobank is the leading Pan-African bank with operations in 35 countries across the continent, more than any other bank in the world. Ecobank operates as "One Bank" with common branding, standards, policies, processes to provide a consistent and reliable service across its unique network of 1,251 branches, 1,981 ATMs, and 5249 POS machines servicing over 10 million customers.
The ALMO will manage the bank's Assets and Liabilities in line with the bank's rules and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of the ALM budget and business plan to ensure maximisation of profitability at all times with adequate controls of related operation and market risks.
- Ensure adequate liquid assets are maintained at all times to meet the required Central Bank liquidity ratio and guidelines and the bank's funding needs.
- Liaise with Operations, IT and other support services in a bid to maintain the provision of high quality services.
- Ably monitor bank's limits and ensure all trades are within sanctioned limits.
- Contribute to building ECOBANK's reputation in the international and local markets through personally demonstrating a high level of professionalism at all times, and through developing mutually beneficial working relationships in relation with agents, advisors, counterparties.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivery of ALM Budget
- Proper funding of bank assets
- Manage Bank’s balance sheet.
- Drive and take joint leadership with Treasurers on ALCO processes
- Prepare MCOs
- Comply with all internal ratios across the region
- Meet capital hedging requirements for the region
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or Mathematics.
- Post Graduate in SME related discipline.
- At least 4 - 7 years of experience in financial services with focus on credit portfolios.
- Broad understanding of Treasury products with particular emphasis on Balance sheet management.
- Extensive knowledge of banking practices and regional / local banking regulations.
- Ability to motivate, mentor and manage staff.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and travel intensively.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with a desire to work with Africa’s leading pan-african bank should submit their application letters, and updated CVS which should include three professional referees and E-mail them to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 3rd January 2014