Assistant Finance OfficerHumanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is a humanitarian and development organization that aims to positively contribute towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the East and Horn of Africa. Our work involves provision of clean and accessible water supply, sanitation facilities, promotion of health/hygiene, food security and education programs. HIJRA is dedicated and committed to reconstruction of community livelihoods through its direct contacts with the communities.
Job Summary: The Assistant Finance Officer’s responsibilities will include but not limited to source data recording, analysis, and interpretations and facilitation of procurement processes. S/he will also actively maintain the inventory and assets register and ensure safe custody of the financial documents for easy reference and donor reporting. The incumbent will be expected to achieve utmost efficiency by constantly reviewing work processes and work flow within the office.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure that all the money received is accurately recorded in the source document and posted in the financial management system.
· Prepare the documents required for the payment of the supplies up to LPO stage and ensure that all the required attachments are in place before sending for further processing within the Serenic system.
· Accurately and timely prepare the payment vouchers and attach the necessary documents before submitting them to the Finance Officer for review and posting to general ledger.
· Maintain stationary supply records and as well as other inventory supply and coordinate deliveries.
· Participate in the procurement process by sourcing for quotations from the vendors and forwarding the same to the procurement committee for review and decision making.
· Generate the Local Purchase Order using the financial system and deliver the same to the supplier upon authorization.
· Update the automated items records and Fixed Assets records on weekly and monthly basis respectively.
· Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system and retrieve documents from filing system when required.
· Manage the petty cash kitty and keep the appropriate records.
· Photocopy all the weekly transactions to ensure a safe copy of the document is available for the Donor verification and Audit.
· Stamp all the payment vouchers and invoices “paid” to avoid double posting.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
· At least two years’ of experience in a busy finance and administration environment
· Ability to plan ahead and meet with deadlines
· Strong written and spoken communication skills, in English
Confidentiality is a must
· Diploma in procurement studies or wide experience in that function
· Stage 2 of CPA/ACCA or any other professional Exam
· Previous work experience working in international NGO environment.
· An individual who is confident and can cope with people from diverse backgrounds
How to apply:
Applications from qualified Uganda nationals are hereby invited to fill the above position. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your letter of application and CV indicating daytime telephone contact. Include telephone and email contacts of three references including your current/most recent employer.
Applications should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org: The subject line should read Assistant Finance Officer: Ref: HR006/UG
Hand copies can also be delivered to:
Plot 12 Bukoto Street, Kololo 2nd Floor
P.O. Box 37703, Kampala Uganda
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
For more information regarding the organization please visit our website: www.hijra.or.ke; HIJRA is an equal opportunity employer.