Wednesday, 17 April 2013
Demand Creation Specialist - HarvestPlus in Kampala
Job Title: Demand Creation Specialist
HarvestPlus seeks to develop and disseminate nutrient dense staple food crops as a means to reduce micro-nutrient malnutrition in developing countries .
• Promote behavior change in family nutritional practices through extension messages , community activities such as drama and field days .
• Train extension agents in nutrition and adaptation of improved practices using messages to promote behavior change .
• Create messages that will communicate clearly to the rural population especially women of limited education and disseminate using appropriate channels
• Develop activities that will inform government officers at the sub county district level and central level.
• An MSc degree in Food Science and Technology , Nutrition, Dietetics , Public health or related degree with 5 years relevant experience in nutrition and demand creation activities .
• Experience working with NGO partiners including food and nutrition security projects
• Collaborative , self-motivated and able to work well within a multi-disciplinary teams
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills ; fluency in some local languages
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications along with a curriculum vitae including three professional referees to Dr Anna –Maria Ball (firstname.lastname@example.org)/
Deadline: 30 /04/ 2013