Thursday, 16 May 2013
Director Development Planning - National Planning Authority in Kampala
Job Title: Director Development Planning
The National Planning Authority (NPA) is the Principal Statutory Agency for management of national and decentralized development planning in Uganda . The NPA is tasked with a mandate to produce comprehensive and intergrated development plans for the country .
• Contribute to the Policy Statement, Authority’s Annual Reports , National Development Reports and other relevant reports
• Review departmental quarterly and annual reports and consolidate them into the Directorate’s reports ;
• Direct the development of and monitor performance against the annual directorate budget and the Authority’s improvement plan budget ;
• Manage and direct the development , implementation and evaluation of the Directorate ‘s plans; policies , systems and procedures to achieve annual goals , objectives and work standards;
• A Masters Degree in Development Planning and Management ; Economic Policy and Planning ; Development Economics ;or closely related discipline from a recognized University.
• Other post graduate qualifications , diplomas, certificates etc in any of these areas will be considered an added advantage .
• Working experience of at least , 10 years, six of which must be in the areas of policy formulation and development ; development planning ; program implementation ; as well as monitoring and evaluation , at Senior management level, in a reputable development –oriented institution/organization or government institution .
• Knowledge of the Central Government operations , policy formulation and the SWAP process in Uganda .
How to apply
If your qualifications and experience match any of these roles please email your application quoting the relevant job title to Executive Selection Division, KPMG at the following email address: email@example.com .
Please attach your CV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact , qualifications , achievements , experience , present position and names and addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 2 pages ) summarizing why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position .
Deadline: 07/06 /2013