Job title: Quality Assurance Officers- 3 positions
Employment type: Full time
Job category: Quality Assurance/Safety
Min. years of experience: 2 years
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: December 31, 2013 - 5pm
Reporting To: COE Coordinator
Supervises: Laboratory Assistant
Job Purpose: Implement the COE quality assurance activities, and conduct research in order to build a culture of excellence along the coffee value chain.
Key Result Areas
• Carry out coffee quality research, analyse, interpret and disseminate results in accordance with established protocols and guidelines.
• Establish the coffee traceability system and create awareness of the concept along the value chain.
• Conduct coffee profiling and mapping, and link coffees to their origin.
• Carry out coffee evaluation along the value chain and recommend for the issuance of Q and R certificates.
• Identify high quality coffee lots and producers, and promote the speciality and fine coffees concept.
• Conduct trainings in coffee quality, and organise workshops for demonstration of best practices.
• Organise annual on-site events such as open cupping sessions, coffee contests and Taste of Harvest (TOH) contests.
• Conduct inspections of coffee activities at harvest and post-harvest level so as to ensure continuing compliance with coffee regulations.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience;
• Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or equivalent qualifications.
• License in Q and R grading will be an added advantage.
• At least 2 years working experience in coffee quality control or Lab.
Expected personal competences and skills
The successful applicants must have; 1. Good research skills; 2. Strong interpersonal and team working skills; 3. Good report writing and communication skills; 4. Computer skills. 5. Readiness to work upcountry.
Conditions of Service
The selected candidates will be contracted for three (3) years. One (1) of the successful applicants will be based the national COE in Kampala and the other two (2) will be based at the upcountry Regional Centers of Excellence.
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application, curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic transcripts, and telephone contacts and e-mail addresses of three referees not later than 31st December 2013, 5:00 p.m. to; - Principal Human Resource Officer, UCDA Coffee House, Plot 35 Jinja Road, P.O. Box 7267, Kampala (U). Electronic Submissions can be sent to email@example.com.