Umeme LtdJob title: Senior Purchasing Officer
Min. years of experience: 5 years
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Devise and implement materials management plan in Umeme to optimize investment in working capital and to meet the company’s requirements for all network materials and associated services.
Prepare and issue orders to suppliers for network materials and associated services, against contractual arrangements already in place. Principal Accountabilities:
• Prepare the company’s periodic materials usage and purchasing plan in line with departmental material requirements and periodically approved capital and operating budgets for all departments
• Receive and verify specifications for materials and services from users
• Place orders with approved suppliers against existing
contractual arrangements in time to meet project plans and operational requirements
• Generate reliable reports on pending orders and service delivery
• Monitor order processing, delivery schedules and overall supplier performance
• Ensure compliance with the company’s purchasing and associated financial procedures and processes
• Ensure that materials and services are provided to users as requested and as necessary to achieve the company’s core objectives.
Education and experience:
• Relevant technical university degree and/ or international CIPS qualification
• Minimum of 5 yrs experience in purchasing in a large complex organization operating to best practice international standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of electricity network materials and construction methodology
• Good communication skills and experience of interacting with senior engineering, finance and supporting functions
• Experience in power utility companies is desirable
• Good knowledge and experience of utilizing modern enterprise wide information systems to support the function.
Proven impeccable integrity in business dealings and adherence to organizational policies, code of business conduct, standards, and health and safety policies.
How to Apply
Contact/How to apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate, please send your application and CV clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to: email@example.com by 20th December, 2013,17:00.
UMEME is an equal opportunity employer: Influence-peddling will lead to automatic disqualification.