Vacancy: Feed the Future Coordinator
Recruiting Company: Peace Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala,
Application Deadline: 11th April 2014
• Coordinate with USAID/Uganda and two regional technical coordinators as team leader in all aspects of developing and supporting Peace Corps Volunteer food security activities.
• Compile program reports for PC/ Uganda, USAID/Uganda and PC/HQ to demonstrate the use and impact of PC/Uganda’s contributions to Feed the Future.
• Develop Volunteer work sites with partners.
• Provide technical resource information and technical training and coaching to Volunteers and their counterparts.
• Assist Volunteers in monitoring their work and reporting outcomes.
• Co-develop a Project Advisory Committee.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Education: Master in Business, Agro-business, Marketing, Agriculture or related field or appropriate education and professional experience mix.
• Experience: 5 years required, 10 years is desirable, in the field of marketing and agribusiness, finance and business, agro business development.
• Peace Corps Uganda is looking for a dynamic and experience professional in agriculture/business field to fill the Feed the Future Coordinator, Team Leader position. The applicant should have the passion and creative drive to join this project technically supporting over 40 Volunteers in Uganda to promote better harvest handling techniques and field-to-market solutions, to enable Ugandan farmers and farming associations to develop strong business skills and access to financial markets.
• Looking for skills in networking, negotiation, partnership development, and the ability of strategic thinking that can support, guide and nurture Volunteers’ and host organizations towards shared goals. Also looking fot: excellent command of English, both spoken and written; ability to work independently with little supervision; good organization and time management skills; willingness to take the initiative; team leader and teamwork skills, strong service attitude; personal integrity; strong
All submissions should be electronic. Please submit a Word formatted letter of interest and resume and names and contact information for three references to; firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line of the cover email: "For Example, Peed The Future Coordinator". Submited documents become the property of the Peace Corps and will non be returned. You will be contacted ONLY if you are deemed qualified and invited for an interview. If called for an interview, you will be expected to bring a reference letter from your area Local Council (LC1).