World Bank Program Officer Job Careers - Makerere University Regional Center for Crop Improvement (MaRCCI)
Makerere University Regional Center for Crop Improvement (MaRCCI)
The World Bank is funding a USD 6-million Makerere University Regional Center For Crop Improvement (MaRCCI). The goal of MaRCCI is to strengthen Makerere University to deliver quality post-graduate education in Crop Improvement and build collaborative research capacity in the regional priority areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure good communication between the stockholders and the smooth running of the administration.
· The Program Officer will ensure the production and presentation of detailed Progress and Technical Reports for each of the projects of the Center of Excellence.
· Participating in the formation of Strategic Management Plans, including development of annual work plans and budgets.
· Coordinating, scheduling and conducting all field and station activities, events and meetings of the Center of Excellence including minute taking.
· In charge of participating in national and regional meetings and workshops.
· Responsible for Logistics and operationalisation of all travel plans of all staff of the Center and collaborators.
· Ensure that office equipment like computers, printers, faxes, photocopiers, scanners are services and maintained in good working condition.
· Taking a pro-active approach in identifying and reporting any problems at the Center of Excellence to the Team Leader/Director, MaRCCI.
· Work closely with the Team Leader/Director, Center of Excellence, the Collaborators and the public.
· Serves as a Secretary to the Center of Excellence meetings and to follow up on agreed decisions.
· Perform any other duty as assigned by the Team Leader/ Director, MaRCCI.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, Agribusiness or Extension or any other relevant discipline from a recognized University. Possession of a PhD and familiarity with Center of Excellence operations is an added advantage
· Possession of a Post Graduate qualifications in Project planning and Management, Human Resources Management or Public Administration.
· A minimum of three years proven relevant experience, skills and knowledge is required.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people and organizations both orally and in writing is required.
· Highly developed problem solving and organization skills, with an ability to meet competing deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others.
· Ability to manage and support management of financial and operational resource
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications addressed to the Director, MaCCI, CV and relevant certified copies of academic papers in sealed envelopes should be hand delivered to the Office of the Principal, Makerere University, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences (CAES), Room 53. All candidates should request two (2) referees to forward letters of support for their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 14th October 2016 by 5:00PM