Job title Chief Executive
Organization Uganda Securities Exchange Limited (USE)
Uganda Securities Exchange Limited (USE), the approved platform for the trading of shares and other securities in Uganda is looking for a qualified, dynamic and self-motivated Ugandan professional with a proven track record to assume the position of Chief Executive. Reporting to the Governing Council, the job holder will perform the following duties and have the following responsibilities:
1. Duties and responsibilities:
• To lead in the implementation and achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission and strategic goals and objectives including the projected USE Demutualization and Listing
• To give direction and leadership to the Exchange and ensure compliance with the regulatory framework governing the Exchange both as a Self Regulatory Organization (SRO) as well as an organization approved and regulated by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA);
• To support the functions of the Governing Council as the governing body of the Exchange by effectively managing the USE Trading Platform and advising and providing information to Governing Council members thereof;
• To act as the interface between the Governing Council and staff of the Exchange;
• To oversee the quality, design and delivery of services of the Exchange as disclosed and described in the USE corporate strategy;
• To recommend annual budgets for Governing Council approval and prudently manage the Exchange’s resources within given budget guidelines;
• To effectively lead and manage the financial reserves and human resources of the Exchange as directed by the USE Board and according to authorized human resources policies and procedures;
• To oversee the planning and implementation of fundraising programs, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation;
• To interface with relevant stakeholders in the capital markets industry in Uganda, and in the region.
• To carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Governing Council.
2. Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this position shall hold the following qualifications and have the following qualities and experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other discipline relevant to the securities industry or other degree from a recognized tertiary institution;
• A Master’s degree in Business Administration or post graduate qualification in any other discipline relevant to the securities industry from a recognized tertiary institution;
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification would be an added advantage;
• At least 10 years of working experience in a similar or senior management position of a reputable organization;
• General and specific experience in financial markets industry;
• Experience in financial markets in Africa would be an added advantage;
How to Apply
All hard copy applications should be addressed and delivered to the address below and must be clearly marked "Application for Chief Executive Position". The Governing Council, Uganda Securities Exchange Limited 4th Floor, Prism Building Plot 71/73, Kampala Road, P.O Box 23552, Kampala-Uganda Ref: CE/USE/01/2013 5. Submission of softcopy applications: All soft copy applications, with all required attachments, should be saved in pdf format, under the subject "Application for Chief Executive Position" and emailed to the following address: email@example.com 6. Application Deadline: All applications, including both hard and soft copies, should be received by 5:00pm on Friday 13th September 2013.