Using the Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Health Systems Strengthening grant number UGD-011-G10-S entitled ‘Towards virtual elimination of MTCT transmission of HIV and Universal access to HIV care and treatment in Uganda’, the Ministry of Health in partnership with The AIDS Support Organization (TASO) plans to recruit 600 health professionals for a two year period.
This Ministry plans to recruit Nursing Officers (Nursing), Nursing Officers (Midwifery), Enrolled Nurses/Midwives, Laboratory technicians, Laboratory Assistants, and Public Health Nurses for 22 priority districts for Prevention of Mother To Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT) scaleup (i.e. districts with high HIV burden and low service coverage) at general and referral hospitals.
The 22 districts include; Adjumani, Apac, Arua, Bugiri, Kamuli, Koboko, Koti do, Kabarole, Kaboong, Kalangala, Kibale, Maracha, Mbarara, Moyo, Moroto, Nakapiripirit, Nakaseke, Nebbi, Pader, Rakai. Wakiso and Yumbe. Recruited candidates will stand a chance of being absorbed in the mainstream public service upon expiry of the two year contract.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates to fill the vacant posts.
Post: Nursing Officer (Nursing) (65 Posts)
Salary Scale: U5 (plus good duty
facilitati on allowance)
Reports to: Senior Nursing Officer
Responsible for: Enrolled Nurse
To provide nursing services and public health interventions to patients and to the community
• Must be trained at Registered Level or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council
• Quality nursing care services to patients provided
• Ward/Health unit activities organized and managed
• Accountability for financial and other resources produced.
• Staff performance appraisal done.
• Receiving patients, registering admissions, discharges and deaths.
• providing nursing care services to patients.
• Keeping patients comfortable and ensuring a healthy environment.
• Preparing and carrying out sterile procedures.
• participating in bedside nursing procedures as a member of the caring team.
• Partcipating in doctors/Clinical officers Ward rounds
• Preparing patients for meals and participating in serving them.
• Managing and accounting for allocated resources
• Participating in research activities
• Impating knowledge and skills to students and staff
• Adhering to professional code of conduct and ethics
• compiling daily ward reports and hand over to incoming shift .
Compiling and submitting reports Ensures Applications should be filled in triplicate on PS Form 3 (Revised 2008) and submitted to the Project Coordinator, TASO Grants Management Unit, P. O. Box 10443, Kampala or hand-delivered to the Project
offices on First Floor, House of Hope at Plot 10, Windsor loop, Kololo, Kampala.
Applications to be received not later than Friday 8th February 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Forms can be obtained from the Health Service Commission Offices, Ministry of Health Headquarters, Wandegeya, Mulago and Butabika National Referral Hospitals, Regional Referral Hospitals and offices of Chief Administrative Officers.
The form can also be downloaded from the Commission website; www.hsc.go.ug. Hand written applications are also acceptable.
It is important to note that all services of the Health Service Commission and the application forms are free of charge. In regard to choices, an applicant may indicate their district of preference and languages fluently spoken, by labelling on the application letter.
All applications should bear the title of the post as well as its reference number. Applicants who are Serving Officers must route their applications through their Heads of Department, who should be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
Head of Department refers to the Head of the respective Institution of the Applicant. Applications found to be in contravention of this requirement will not be accepted.
Note that short listed candidates will be required to bring their original certificates. Candidates who will present forged certificates shall be handed to the Police for appropriate action.
Applicants must also fulfill the following conditions:
i Attach three (3) of their recent passport-size photographs and copies of their academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
ii Attach copies of the letter(s) of appointment, confirmation and promotion in case of serving officers. This includes applicants from non Public Health Service facilities.
iii In case of Health Workers who are required by law to register with the relevant Councils, such applicants must be so registered; and therefore have to attach copies of certificates of registration. Similarly, all candidates who are required by law to possess practicing licenses must attach copies of valid practicing licenses.
iv State clearly, on the application forms, their contact physical addresses and telephone number(s) or the nearest contactable person.
Start Date Jan 21, 2013
End Date Feb 8, 2013