Job title: COUNTRY MANAGER
WHO WE ARE:
Rocket Internet is a global and leading incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful ventures such as Jumia, HelloFood, Kaymu, Vamido and Carmido.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the globe, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Rocket Internet steps in.
We want to create a well-balanced team of talented, truly dynamic and highly motivated individuals with a passion for emerging markets and Africa. We are currently looking for outstanding candidates interested in entrepreneurship and web businesses to join our latest ventures in Africa.
Employment type: Full time
Required languages: EnglishFrench
Required IT skills: MS Office (in general)
Minimum degree: Masters degree
Closing date: July 29, 2013 - 6pm
Your main responsibilities will be to develop the ventures in your market through operational and strategic actions. You will directly manage your operational and commercial team.
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
• Strong entrepreneurial skills
• Strong leadership
• Strong drive
• Impeccable communication skills
• Ability to negotiate in flawless English
• Ability to identify new business opportunity
• Ability to work independently and in a team
Key responsibilities include:
• Drive overall top line and profitability development
• P&L ownership
• Recruit and manage the team, in particular the local sales and operations team
• Define and drive action plans to create strong relationships with local stakeholders
• Coordinate your commercial team with the other services (Marketing, Partnerships, Finance, etc.)
• Deliver measurable results linked to the project you are in charge of
• Ensure regular reporting of your actions and results
• Drive activity analysis
• Manage the team efficiency and cohesion
• Create an unparalleled environment for your team’s development and happiness
• A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
• The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
• An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Contact/How to apply:
We currently have openings in the following countries. If you want to become an entrepreneur in Internet and e-commerce and join us in a journey in the core of business development, please send your resume to:
Join the journey!