Job title: Graduate Apprenticeship
Simba Group is looking to hire a dynamic, intelligent and enthusiastic graduate with a passion to succeed in business in Uganda. No previous experience is required: this will be a fast-track apprenticeship in one of the country’s top businesses.
Simba Group is a large Ugandan group of businesses - its flagship company is Simba Telecom, as well as having successful businesses in the hospitality, media and power generation industries. Simba has an entrepreneurial philosophy and a very successful history of starting new businesses in different industries. We are looking for a clever, diligent talent to help grow, support and develop Simba Group’s latest start-up business.
The role will provide high-quality, fast-paced and intense training in all areas of business (management, strategy, marketing, finance, operations, etc). Your role will be supporting a new business currently being incubated by the Simba Group. Being a start-up, the new role will be involved in all types of activities which will provide a great grounding in the principles of business.Typical of a start-up, there is no room to be precious: the chosen candidate will be required to help with everything including less glamorous but still important things like making errands, photocopying, etc.
The role is in a small team who have significant experience of top-level business both in Uganda and abroad. Furthermore, you will be exposed to the wider business interests of Simba Group.
Our expectations for the role are high: we genuinely think the selected candidate will be a future leader in Ugandan business.
The ideal candidate should:
• Be highly numerate – we need someone who has great mathematical ability, especially when it comes to thinking on the spot
• Be logical–we require someone who will think about business in a logical way which will ensure they make the best business decisions
• Have a strong desire to learn and succeed – we want someone who is always eager to gain more knowledge and wish to achieve
• Be enthusiastic and personable - we want an energetic, go-getting personality which will fit in well with the team
• Be flexible – we are looking for someone who is keen and able to move across all aspects of modern business and work hard on whatever is required, from the high-level strategic thinking to the day-to-day drudge work.
The applying candidate must have:
• Graduated or currently in final year at a top university
• Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) greater than 4.0 and excellent high school record
• Bachelors Degree in Economics, Arts, Business, Computer Science, IT, Sciences or Engineering
• Demonstrated strong leadership qualities whilst at university
This will be a completely meritocratic decision: we will simply choose the best candidate.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please submit your CV with a short (200 words maximum), typed cover letter on why you think you would be the ideal candidate for the job to email@example.com by Friday.