Job title: Senior Program Manager, Agri Skills 4 You
The ICCO Cooperation seeks motivated colleagues who support our mission to end poverty and injustice and who are committed to creating a world where people can live in dignity and security.
ICCO was established in 1964 and became a cooperation in 2012. The founding members of the ICCO Cooperation are Edukans, the Protestant Church of The Netherlands (Kerk in Actie) and the association Prisma. Within a coherent programmatic framework, the ICCO Cooperation offers worldwide financial support, lobby and brokerage services to local non-governmental organizations, the private sector, churches, and networks that work on sustainable economic development, democracy and peace, access to basic services, food security and climate mitigation.
The ICCO Cooperation with a global office in The Netherlands has 7 Regional Offices. It has approximately 300 employees worldwide and a budget of €100 million in 2013.The Central and Eastern Africa Regional Office in Kampala - Uganda, currently has three country offices and programs running in eight countries within the region.
The ICCO Cooperation has been awarded the 4 year and €9 million Agri Skills 4 You (AS4Y) program which is centered on relevance, quality and accessibility of formal and informal vocational agricultural education and training for female and young market oriented small holder farmers in Acholi, Lango and West Nile sub-regions of Northern Uganda. The program will contribute to the development of the Agro Business, Technical and Vocational Education and Training sector (BTVET) and bridges the gap between institutional and community based formal and non-formal skills training.
For this Program, the ICCO Cooperation is looking for a vibrant, motivated, strategic and enterprising manager who can ensure effective and efficient implementation of this program. S/he will be based at the ICCO Kampala office in Uganda, with regular travel to Northern Uganda. S/he will report to the Country Program Manager who oversees programs in Uganda, Kenya and Ethiopia.
Employment type: Full time
City / Location: Kampala
Job category: NGO/Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
Min. years of experience: 5 years
Required languages: English
Minimum degree: Masters degree
Closing date: July 26, 2013 - 5pm
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Be in charge of the overall program implementation.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with lead partners based on ICCO’s partnership principles.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with all relevant AS4Y stakeholders.
• Represent AS4Y in relevant fora.
• Support the Policy Advisory Committee (PAC).
• Support the Technical Task Force (TTF)
• Support the Regional Coordinator with monitoring lead partner activities through field visits on basis of work plans and related budgets.
• Set up and ensure coordination of monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability structures and document best practices.
• Ensure proper program financial management in collaboration with the Finance Officer.
• Facilitate program reviews.
• Prepare and submit annual work plans and budgets to the donor.
• Prepare and submit narrative and financial reports to the donor.
• Supervise the Regional Coordinator.
• Prepare and submit regular reports to the Country Program Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum of a Masters degree in a related field like agri-business or adult education.
• 5 years experience in a senior management position with international organizations.
• Technical expertise in formal and /or informal agriculture training.
• Good understanding of a multi-stakeholder programmatic approach.
• Good knowledge of project partnership management.
• Affinity with the private sector.
• Financial literate.
• Excellent computer skills.
Contact/How to apply:
Please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and a motivational letter (not more than 2 pages) to email@example.com. All applications shall be clearly marked: ‘ICCO-PM AS4Y’ and no e-mails should exceed 2MB.Kindly note that we are conducting a global search and to avoid any delays related with postage, only e-mail applications shall be considered.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
ICCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.