Job title: Chief Finance Officer
Country: Southern Sudan
Job category: Accounting/Finance/Insurance
Min. years of experience: 5 years
Minimum degree: Masters degree
Closing date: November 1, 2013 - 5pm
Bolloré Africa Logistics employs more than 25,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide, including 46 in Africa. Our main activities cover all the fields of Transport and International Logistics (Port/Airport Operations, Inland Transport, Supply Chain Management ...).
For over 50 years, Bolloré Africa Logistics has participated in the opening of Africa to the world and contributes daily to the growth of its trade. We are the leading Transport and Logistics network on the continent.
The CFO will be responsible to the General Manager in the performance of the following duties:-
1. Overseeing the administration of the budgets of the AL - South Sudan including:-
a) Coordinating the budgeting process leading to formulation of the AL - South Sudan Annual Budget.
b) Providing guidelines and guidance to Heads of Department in effective and efficient budget management.
c) Providing timely feedback through financial performance reports to Senior Management and Heads of Department.
2. Ensuring proper management of the AL - South Sudan’s financial resources including:-
a) Monitoring revenues due to AL - South Sudan and ensuring that all moneys due are collected.
b) Ensuring that all moneys of the AL - South Sudan are properly banked in accordance with financial regulations.
c) Ensuring that payments are properly originated and approved.
d) Securing month reconciliations statements.
e) Arbitrating when there are inadequate financial resources in the Departments and resolving conflicts in implementation of budget guidelines.
3. Spearheading the development of financial operational policies and procedure manuals that reflect the operations of the AL - South Sudan.
4. Preparing and submitting financial reports and budgets to the Governing Board and the Senior Management Team including:-
a) Spearheading the review of financial reports submitted to the Governing Board and the Senior Management Team.
b) Ensuring that Managers write financial reports for their Departments.
5. Preparing and submitting statutory reports to relevant external authorities.
6. Overseeing investment and development plans for the AL - South Sudan including:-
a) Spearheading the documentation and management of the asset inventory.
b) Providing leadership in developing investment budgets and investment facilities.
7. Spearheading the review of the Accounting Information System to ensure it generates the appropriate financial information that supports effective management decisions.
8. Managing and supervising Departmental Staff including:-
a) Setting targets for annual performance reviews.
b) Monitoring performance and providing necessary guidelines and mentoring.
c) Establishing performance gaps and recommending appropriate capacity building.
d) Carrying out performance evaluation.
9. Performing other duties as may become necessary for the smooth running of the Department or the Company as a whole.
• Should possess a B.Com/ BBA/ and other related field with Master’s Degree in Business administration or Accounting /Auditing or Finance and a Professional qualification.
• Postgraduate training in a management related area.
• Eight years of experience five of which should be at senior management level.
How to apply:
Apply to email@example.com