Wednesday 23 October 2013
Programme Officer at National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU)
Job title: Programme Officer
Employment type: Full time
Job category: Project/Program Management
The National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is an umbrella organization for all disability categories in Uganda. NUDIPU is implementing a project code named “WE CAN MANAGE” PWDs’ Savings and Credit Project targeting Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) and their Caretakers. NUDIPU is seeking to recruit one (1) dynamic and visionary person to the position of Programme Assistant to spearhead the project in Manafwa district.
The Programme Assistant shall be based at Manafwa and will be responsible for the direct implementation of the project. He/she will be reporting to the Programme Officer who will supervise him/her in collaboration with the respective District Union Chairperson.
• Familiarity with lobbying, advocacy, partnership building and gender mainstreaming approaches.
• Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of basic Microsoft packages.
• Ability to support the Project to reach out to the target group to access secure savings and loans in accordance with laid procedures.
• Proven ability to develop, motivate and lead WCM groups to self-reliance through provision of quality and timely technical guidance and support.
• Practical experience in project related work and use of facts based implementation strategies, monitoring and evaluation.
• Knowledge in use of publicity, promotional and information dissemination mechanisms.
• Familiarity with resource mobilization strategies and skills in resource utilization in accordance with the planned activities and accepted procedures.
• Ability to communicate (oral and written) effectively for a variety of audience: staff, donors, government and other partners including community members.
• Ability to build the capacity of others. Competence to provide technical assistance to counterparts as well as designing and conducting training programs including allocation of operational zones/areas to subordinates.
• Good reporting skills and ability to share the reports with the relevant stakeholders as well as maintaining an updated record keeping system.
• Good networking and advocacy skills to promote the Project activities and NUDIPU activities effectively.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Development studies, Adult Education, Community Development, Community Psychology, Economics, Education or any other related disciplines. Experience in working with disability based organisations and/or rural communities as well as knowledge of the local language will be of added advantage. Persons with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
All interested candidates should submit their applications, copies of academic transcripts and detailed CV including day-time telephone contacts of at least 3 referees specifically addressed to the "Executive Director",EITHER by post to: NUDIPU, PO. Box 8567, Kampala. OR: Physically at; NUDIPU on Plot 530, Bukoto-Kisaasi Road, Tel: 0414 540179. Candidates should clearly mark the application envelopes by indicating the position applied for and district.