Job Title: Communications Officer
Mercy Corps exists to alleviate suffering , poverty and oppression by helping people build secure , productive and just communicate Operating in Uganda since 2006.
Essential Job Functions
• Follow all Mercy Corps policies , procedures , grant compliance and documentation requirements
• Implement and make sure all respective donors M&E rules and regulations are respected
• Regularly produce written communications documents
• Participate in on-going M&E training and support for all Mercy Corps programs
• Prepare a weekly report of all completed and planned activities
• Plan and coordinate events for the public and Mercy Corps staff
• A Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent in Journalism , English , International Development or another relevant degree. At least three years of relevant experience
• Professional -level fluency of English
• Familiarity with qualitative research and literature reviews
How to apply
Applications : Submit your application including a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements , CV with three referees, and copies of academic qualifications /certificates to the HR/Admin Manager , Kampala Head Office on Plot 1102, Nsambya Estate Road in Nsambya or to MercyCorps Offices in Kotido and Kaabong .
Deadline: 01 /08 /2013