Job Title: Soil & Water Conservation Officer
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an international humanitarian NGO.
• Advise land letters such as farmers and pastoralists on conservation plans , problems and alternative solutions, and provide technical and planning assistance .
• Conduct ongoing analysis of situation in Karamoja .
• Monitor projects during and after construction to ensure projects conform to design specifications and standards .
• Participate on work teams to plan , develop and implement water and land management programs and policies
• University degree preferably in Agricultural /water engineering with emphasis on soil and water conservation, natural resource management and conservation , or a related discipline .
• A minimum of 4 years of work-related skill, knowledge , or experience is needed .
• Experience in the use of GPS, machine, climatic data , developing training materials and facilitating workshops;
• Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies
• Good knowledge of Word and Excel;
How to apply
Applications should include a cover letter , CV with at least three referees, copies of academic certificates and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 3 MB. Any larger email will not be considered .
Address your email applications to;
Fsasst.firstname.lastname@example.org mentoring FSL APM-Kaabong in the subject line. Emails exceeding 3 MB will be automatically rejected.
Address your hard copy application to the Head of Base , ACF Kaabong Office , or to Base Administrators in ACF bases in Uganda -Gulu, Kampala, and Moroto
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
Deadline: 19 /07 /2013