JOB TITLE: Director for the Land Development Division
ORGANISATION: Uganda Investment Authority
REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Government of Uganda, through the Uganda Investment Authority, intends to develop a well diversified portfolio of Industrial Business Parks all over the country which will be embedded in specific sector strategies such as Agro processing, ICT or Logistics, taking advantage of the regional comparative advantages.
The business parks will form the platform for special economic zones, export processing zones, free ports, etc.
Uganda Investment Authority now seeks to recruit a Director for the Land Development Division.
REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To ensure that services land sites within designated industrial parks and other agricultural land are available to investors.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
• Take lead in the development and implementation of Industrial Parks Policy.
• Manage the planning and development of a network of Industrial and Business Parks across Uganda both owned and run by UIA in partnership with District Authorities and private sector developers and investors.
• Lead the Division on the development of a comprehensive Land Development Division
• Take lead in the development annual budget and work plan.
• Supervise the implementation of major works in the designated Industrial & Business Parks and ensure that works are completed on time and within budgets.
• Develop and regularly review the UIA Land Allocation Policy and Criteria.
• Supervise the physical allocation of plots in the designated Industrial & Business Parks.
• Ensure that all physical developments in the designated parks are as per the approved zoning and development guidelines and National Industrial Parks Planning Committee approvals.
• Provide adhoc support to Government and other stakeholders on all issues related to the provision of property for investors in Uganda.
• Liaise with Government Institutions in planning, development and management and promotion of Industrial and Business Parks.
• Liaise with other Divisions in UIA in the promotion of Industrial and Business Parks.
• Leverage other partners and stakeholders to enhance
Industrial and Business Parks development across the country
• Prepare regular performance reports on UIA land issues activity and prospects
• Industrial and business parks approved by the UIA Board are developed and managed appropriately in designated areas in Uganda
• Kampala Industrial and Business Park at Namanve is developed according to approved plans.
• Land allocation Criteria developed and updated regularly.
• Land Investment Fund is established and managed effectively.
• List of potential investors in need of land drawn and regularly updated.
• Databank of landlords with land for sale, lease or joint venture partnerships is generated and up dated.
• Plots allocated to investors following approved procedures.
• Land Leases prepared and issued to owners.
• Bachelors Degree Civil Engineering or equivalent from a recognized university and a
• Postgraduate Degree in Civil Engineering or related (such as Project Planning Management, Land Economics, Urban Planning, Environmental Engineering or an MBA (Management) etc..) from a recognized institution.
• Professional qualifications /training in Urban Planning, Construction/Project Management, Architecture, Engineering is an added advantage.
• 5 years work experience in Construction Management in a reputable
How to Apply:
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and/or testimonials together with the applicant’s telephone contact, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three referees should be sent to;
The Executive Director
Uganda Investment Authority
P. O. Box 7418, Kampala.
Not later than two weeks from the date of this advertisement.
UIA accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected transmission of applications
• Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Uganda Investment Authority is an equal opportunity employer