Job title: Head of Credit Control
Employment type: Full time
City : Kampala
Min. years of experience: 3 years
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: November 1, 2013
Bolloré Africa Logistics employs more than 25,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide, including 46 in Africa. Our main activities cover all the fields of Transport and International Logistics (Port/Airport Operations, Inland Transport, Supply Chain Management ...).
For over 50 years, Bolloré Africa Logistics has participated in the opening of Africa to the world and contributes daily to the growth of its trade. We are the leading Transport and Logistics network on the continent.
1. To process all new accounts with the company. And to ensure that new accounts are credit worthy and that trade is happening between the two parties according to agreed terms mentioned in the contracts.
2. To ensure that all accounts are well controlled and that all outstanding monies owed to the company is collected and paid in a timely manner.
3. Supervise the Credit control department and assist in the setting up of the credit control system and strategy that ensures maximum customer liaison in all issues related to payments.
4. Responsible for collection of dedicated accounts, follow-up of freight-collect accounts and fortnightly review the collectors’ accounts.
5. Ensuring that all scheduled meetings between Operations and Credit Control are taking place (disputes, cash accounts, UPS etc.)
6. Ensure management of risk in all aspects related to credit business of the company by ensuring strict adherence, respect and control of the organisation’s Risk Policy.
7. Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales. To report collection difficulties to the Finance Manager and Head of Department
8. Producing timely financial reports to management which should be reflecting the actual position of the company’s credit business. To also maintain accurate records of all the collection activity.
9. Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness.
10. Handle disputed bills and negotiate to bring payment within the agreed terms. To also provide accurate advice on billing queries.
11. Relationship management with the main corporate clients of the company by responding promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries with effective business development approaches.
12. Undertake account reconciliations as and when required.
13. Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time
14. Develop the credit management capability within the practice and provide cover for other accounting functions may be requested.
15. Keep the partnership up to date with new credit management techniques and practices
16. Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Finance Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
17. Ensuring the monthly report is forwarded to the Finance Manager within 5 (Five) working days after the closure date.
Should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Hons) from a recognized University/ Institution.
Relevant professional qualifications will have an added advantage.
Should have at least 3 to 5 years post qualification hands on experience gained working in a busy accounting environment 2 of which should be at a senior level. Candidates who have worked in debt collections departments will be advantaged.
Excellent report writing and communication skills and a good command of the English language.
Strong business acumen with excellent negotiating skills.
Excellent man management skills.
How to apply:
Apply to email@example.com