Job Title: INTERNAL AUDIT ASSISTANT
Reports to: INTERNAL AUDITOR
Salary Scale: GRADE 6
Duty Station: ENTEBBE
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public health facilities.
Our vision is “A POPULATION WITH ADEQUATE AND ACCESSIBLE QUALITY MEDICINES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES”
Our Mission is “TO EFFECTIVELY AND EFFICIENTLY SUPPLY ESSENTIAL MEDICINES AND MEDICAL SUPPLIES TO PUBLIC HEALTH FACILITIES IN UGANDA”
We are now looking for competent persons who possess appropriate skills, knowledge and right attitude to fill vacant position which has arisen as a result of our expanded mandate. Applications are now invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant post within the Corporation. National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer.
All applications should be addressed to The Head of Human Resource and Support Services, at the above address or they can be hand delivered not later than 5 p.m on 15TH November 2013.
Mode of application:
Interested candidates should submit their CVs that should include names and addresses of the last two employers with hand written applications indicating the reference number of the position you are applying for and giving three
Photocopies of the original academic documents should be attached.
Please note that National Medical Stores reserves the right to verify Photocopies of the academic documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only candidates who meet the specifications indicated for the jobs will be contacted.
Job Summary: Carry out audits of Accounting records and transactions as well as for other systems, procedures and processes. The duties include analysing evidential data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion and preparing comprehensive reports.
1. Carrying out audit of petty cash accountabilities prior to replenishment and verify payments according to NMS policies and procedures.
2. Carrying out audits of stocks receipts, management, dispatch as well as fleet management reviews, procurement audits, audits of tax liabilities, and audit assignments as required from time to time.
3. Carry out substantive tests of accounting, financial and other information using computerized software.
4. Carry out audit of recorded transactions related to procurement tendering & evaluation processes
5. Prepare audit reports, working papers, schedules & summaries With guidance from the internal auditor, determine the direction and extent of assigned audits. Prepare the program and establish procedures which may include statistical sampling and electronic data processing. Prepare working papers supporting opinions presented in the report to management.
6. Exercise professional judgment to determine materiality of findings and
adequacy and effectiveness of the operation.
7. Assist in the review and evaluation of the overall accounting and non-accounting controls of computerised information systems residing on departmental computers. This requires a conceptual understanding of the departmental activities in relation to computerised information systems under review.
8. Discuss deficiencies and recommend corrective actions to improve operations and reduce costs. Plan and prepare formal written reports.
9. Perform post-audit reviews to determine the extent to which audit recommendations have been implemented.
10. Assist in the performance of special reviews requested by Management and Board of directors.
11. Maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices through continuing professional education.
12. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
1 An Honour’s degree in commerce or business Administration specializing in finance, accounting or auditing option from a recognized University or institution
2 Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, demonstrated reliability and integrity and able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
3 Must have IT knowledge especially in auditing computerized systems
4 At least 3 years experience in a similar position with a reputable organization
5 Must have an intermediate stage (part II) of a professional Audit/ Accounting qualification such as CIA, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or an equivalent
How To Apply
Send applications and CV to humanResource
NATIONAL MEDICAL STORES
Plot 4-12, Nsamizi Road
P.O Box 16,