Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
Job Title: Electrician (3 Vacancies)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Ref: CAA/ADV/EXT/18/2013
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a corporate body responsible for the regulation of Civil Aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport and 13 other aerodromes upcountry. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS).
The Electrician will ensure availability of reliable electrical power to the airport users, equipment on a 24-hour basis.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Electrical repair and maintenance process:
- Undertakes scheduled and unscheduled work ensuring that standards and good practice is adhered to.
- Timely attends to emergencies to ensure continued availability of power
- Carries out daily physical inspection of all major airport electrical systems, records and repairs as necessary.
- Carries out preventive maintenance of electrical systems and equipment by cleaning and replacing worn out parts
- Participates in electrical installations for systems and equipment
- Responsible for trouble shooting to determine causes of faults/ damage before carrying out repairs
- Records all faults in the log book and maintains up to date and accurate records on all faults for planning purposes
- Perform any other duties in the job jurisdiction.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The applicant should possess a good Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized training institution.
- At least two years of relevant working experience.
- Technician membership of the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All hand-written applications with detailed CV and copies of academic certificates and transcripts with the Job reference number clearly marked the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address below; The Director Human Resource and Administration Civil Aviation Authority, P .O. Box 5536, Kampala, Uganda.