The Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA)
The Association for Strengthening Agricultural Research in Eastern and Central Africa (ASARECA) is a sub-regional not for- profit association. It was established in 1994 by 11 member countries represented by their national agricultural research for development institutes. The 11 member countries are: Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Rwanda, Southern Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and. The major objective of ASARECA is to develop policies and programs aimed at deepening co-operation in agricultural research and policy among its member countries for the mutual benefit of all the stakeholders in the agricultural sector.
The Receptionist will offer operational assistance of the customer service/front office desk at the ASARECA Secretariat.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Receptionist is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support and operate a multi-line telephone system.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, screening and forwarding to appropriate staff
- Takes and delivers messages when appropriate staff are unavailable
- Welcomes on-site visitors and directs them to appropriate offices
- Maintains a register of visitors in liaison with security
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail to relevant recipients
- Opens and date stamp all general correspondence
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Assists in preparation of travel orders
- Assists in compiling and receiving orders for office supplies
- Assists in other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, and collating documents
- Assists in maintaining the general filing system and file all correspondence
- Assists in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Receptionist must possess a Diploma in Secretarial Studies and or a Certificate in Front Office Management or other Business Administration related field.
- At least two years’ experience as a receptionist or front office staff in a busy office environment.
- The incumbent must be honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly flexible with sound work ethics as well as proficient in use of computers
- Excellent team building skills
- Effective verbal and listening communications skill
- Time management skills
How to Apply:
Send your application in confidence to the address below. Please indicate the job title on the subject line and send your curriculum vitae (by post or email) containing details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current and expected remuneration as well as copies of professional/ academic certificates. Include day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address, names and addresses of three references to: Head, HR & Administration ASARECA, P.O Box 765 Entebbe, Uganda
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 7th February 2014