The New Vision Printing and Publishing Company Ltd
VACANCY: Mobile VAS Programmer
COMPANY : The New Vision Printing and Publishing Company Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: VAS Manager
About New Vision:
The Vision Group incorporated as the New Vision Printing & Publishing Company Limited (NVPPCL), started business in March 1986. It is a multimedia business housing newspaper, magazines, internet publishing, television, radio broadcasting, commercial printing, advertising and distribution services. NVPPCL is listed on the Uganda Stock Exchange, with an expected turnover of over UGX 60 billion (FY 2010/2011).
The Mobile VAS Programmer will primarily be responsible for ensuring the excellence in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of VAS applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value to the New Vision franchise.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer Applications and adjustments to Applications as stipulated with due regard to company regulations and licenses.
- Ensure Applications provided are accompanied by the relevant documentation and processing materials.
- Guarnatee availability for follow-up support on all Applications provided for at least three months after submission
- Ensure that there is adequate provision of the company's technical requirements for complete
- Provide Customer support for the various Interfaces hosted at SMS Media.
- Together with other Techies, manage the company's technical systems and platforms efficiently, effectively, transparently and profitable.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance whilst providing support and deploying VAS projects in Uganda and Zambia
- Act as a liaison between the company and external parties in relation to technical services.
- Write technical, proposals for bias and per-qualified service provisions
- The prospective New Vision employee must hold an Honors graduate from a reputable university with relevant certification
- At least a year’s experience in the VAS in Mobile Content Provider industry.
- Alternatively, experience in Telecom, Media, Advertising, IT is desirable.
- Proficiency in Programming languages (Heitml /HTML /PHP /PERL /PYTHON)
- Practical skills on various mobile VAS Platforms like SMS P2A; WAP; GPRS; USSD; STK/DSTK/ UTK Mobile Marketing Content Management
- Knowledge of Database Systems (SQLServer, MySQL and Postgres)
- Excellent networking, Computer Hardware & Software installation skills
- Knowledge in Shell scripting,
- System; Phonebook backup application and Enterprises; Media solutions
- System administration skills i.e Unix/Linux and windows
- SMS/GSM programming
- Value added services, IVR, SMS, SMSC, software development Additional Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective project management skills.
All those reeling to work in Uganda’s leading media house, The New Vision, should send applications to: Chief Human Resources Officer, The New Vision Printing and Publishing Company Ltd. P.O. Box 9815, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 18th February 2014