Organisation: Qatar Airways (QA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Vacancy Number: QR4445
Qatar Airways has gradually grown to reaching over 120 destinations worldwide, offering unmatched levels of service excellence that have helped excel the award-winning carrier to become best in the world. Qatar Airways was voted Airline of the Year 2011 and in 2012 in the prestigious Skytrax industry audit and it has won the confidence of the travelling public.
Air travel has reached the point where it is now taken for granted in all corners of the globe. With a larger number of passengers and more choice available in the skies today, Qatar Airways is looking to maintain and grow their position in the marketplace with exceptional high-quality service with ever-increasing efficiency. In this highly competitive environment, Qatar Airways has achieved much with our phenomenal route expansion averaging 30% growth year to year and flying one of the most modern fleet of almost 120 aircraft in the skies today. Qatar Airways’ global network currently spans key business and leisure destinations across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific, North America and South America, with scheduled flights operating to and from our hub in Doha, capital of the State of Qatar.
Job Summary: The Senior Finance Assistant will mainly be responsible for the verification and accounting of cash/card/invoice receipts, sales, refunds, deposits, customer reconciliation & set off, Credit card receipt/chargeback monitoring/credit control etc in line with QR policies and IAPs. The incumbent will also be responsible for preparation and accounting of journal vouchers as per IAP; timely sending of documents to outsourced centers and immediate escalation of the exceptions if any etc. The incumbent needs to ensure QR compliance with Uganda Tax Laws and regulatory requirements.
· The ideal Qatar Airways Senior Finance Assistant should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Commerce/Economics from a reputed university.
Skills and Experience:
· At least two years’ accounting experience within Uganda in a similar capacity, with good working knowledge of operational and financial procedures.
· The candidate should also have exposure and experience in any major ERP (ideally with Oracle) with a good working experience on spreadsheets.
· Possess the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Language proficiency i.e. proficiency in both spoken and written English is required.
All suitably qualified candidates who desire to join Qatar Airways as the Senior Finance Assistant are invited to Apply through out e-recruitment website. Please remember to attach the the following: an updated Resume / CV, copy of Highest Education Certificate and recent copy of Passport
Deadline: 4th March 2014