Monday, 15 April 2013
Temporary Position for Finance Administrators - People Performance Group
Job title: Finance Administrator
People Performance Group is a leading human resource consultancy firm in Uganda. We are looking for a highly professional Financial Administrator to work on a four month month contract effective 26th April 2016. The person will be working for our client, a reputable international organisation.
We are requesting only qualified candidates to send there applications to the address below by 11am Tuesday the 16th April 2013.
Employment type: Short-term/contract
City / Location: Kampala
Job category: Accounting/Finance/Insurance
Min. years of experience: 2 years
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: MS Office (in general)
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: April 16, 2013 - 12pm
The person will be responsible for accounts for the finance administration and accounts payable activities within the satellite.
Administration (all invoices)
- Open mail, sort and dispatch invoices (including email pdf's)
- Stamp & Code invoices (where legally required)
- Archive paper invoices and attachments (where legally required)
- Conduct local scanning if applicable
Third Party Invoicing
- Follow up on missing supplier invoices
- Manage supplier payment escalations
- Request supplier remittance advises to be sent to suppliers
- Follow up supplier invoices in the local company not yet sent to the SSC
- Issuing of Tax Credit Certificates to vendors.
- Workflow approvals for FI invoices
Travel & Expense
- Responsible to inform of T&E rules
- Checking and approval of Travel and Expense claims
- Monitor employee vendor account
- Keep updated and inform of authorization rules
- Prepare paper payments/cash withdrawal and deliver to bank
- Responsible for Petty cash funds
- Cash cheques
Records Retention Management
- Manage Final Archiving
- Submit VAT/Sales tax returns (monthly)
Reclaim Foreign VAT
- Locate relevant invoices/receipts for reclaim
Withholding Tax – Payments of Invoices
- Deliver withheld tax to local tax authority
Phone policy compliance
- Ensure compliance to the phone policy
- Provide details for allocation of phone bill
Contact/How to apply:
Please submit your applications marked: ‘Finance Administrator’ to the address or e-mail below. E-mails must not exceed 2 MB.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.