Job Title: Accountant
The Pentecostal Assemblies of God (PAG) is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant position above.
• Guide departmental staff in budgeting in line with Project plans ;
• Support the Departments (Admin & Programs ) to prepare quarterly budget forecasts for their activities in line with the approved budgets .
• Support Budget-holders to monitor their budgets and activities before a payment is done.
• Make the reconciliation on how the expenditures have been categorized basing on what was in the approved budgets.
• Make a follow up of the adjustments in the budget and plans in compassion with the proposals .
• Read and ensure compliance to Partiner Agreements &Contracts and to advise Management
• Cross check the codes used before in putting them in the system
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas; Commerce (B.COM), Business Administration BBA or Science in Accounting and Finance –Accounting option with professional accountancy qualifications preferably level 2 of ACCA,CPA,CIMA or any other.
• Knowledge and experience of computerized accounting packages especially quick books.
• At least three years experience in NGO accounting .
• Aged at least 35 years and above
How to apply
All interested applicants should submit their applications to the Chairperson , Board of Directors , Mission Development Department , P. O. Box 288 Soroti or hand deliver to our offices in Opiai A along old Mbale Road to reach him in time.
Deadline: 20/ 06 /2013