Job Title: Accounts Assistant
The National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is umbrella organization promoting the rights of persons with disabilities in Uganda with the vision of having a dignified society for all .
• Ensure safe custody of NUDIPU’s funds
• Guide NUDIPU staff to adhere to financial management policies and procedures
• Receive revenue , issue receipts and bank revenue.
• Update the Cashbook and carry out bank reconciliations on a regular basis.
• Prepare payment vouchers and post to ledgers.
• Support fundraising activities (including support to preparation of project budgets ) as required by the Accountant , Finance and Administration Manager or the Executive Director
• Plan , manage and monitor the implementation of planned of planned activities regularly and take action as appropriate.
• Participate in the preparation of annual financial plans including cash flow forecasts
• Prepare periodic and up-to-date financial reports in line with NUDIPU policies .
• The ideal candidate must have at least a Diploma in Accounts , or Business Administration, or Business studies or
• Part 11 of the professional qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, and CA.
• A minimum of two years working experience in a busy organization in preferred.
• Hands –on-experience of using computer is a must.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their cover letters, copies of academic transcripts and resumes to the Executive Director,
P.O.Box 8567 Kampala
OR: Physically at ; NUDIPU offices on Plot 530
Bukoto-Kisaasi Road, Tel: 0414 540179
Applicants are advised to clearly mark the application envelopes by indicating the position they are applying for. Qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 13 /06 /2013