Job Title: Laboratory Technologist
Uganda Virus Research Unit on AIDS is recruiting qualified candidates for the vacant position above.
• Handle samples and performs analyses according to the departmental approved Standard Operating Procedures
• Maintain quality of results by running standards and controls, monitoring quality control measures, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Recognise and communicate abnormal patient results by alerting supervisory personnel or Clinicians
• A BSc in Biomedical Laboratory Technology or related subject.
• Minimum of three years practical experience. Previous experience working within a Clinical trials laboratory would be an added advantage
• Attendance at a GCLLP workshop together with a sigficant understanding and knowledge of GCLP requirements
How to apply
Applications should clearly indicate the preferred Station. Applications including copies of academic qualifications, curriculum vitae and names of referees to;
The Human Resources Manager
MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
P.O.Box 49, Entebbe
Deadline: 21 /06 /2013