Job title: Account Manager / Field Sales Representatives– Direct
Job category: Sales/Business Development
Min. years of experience: 2 years
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: MS Office (in general)
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: August 19, 2013 - 4pm
Responsible for the acquisition of new SME and Corporate customers within the assigned geographical area, following pre-defined sales and route plans, networking with decision makers in the SME and Corporate segmentsand obtaining referrals.
Responsible for the achievement of daily, weekly and monthly sales targets set by Management.
• Develop intimate knowledge of the composition of the Company market in assigned area(s)/ segment(s). Create and maintain an up-to-date database of existing and potential customers within the assigned area(s)/ segment(s) with the view to expand the Company footprint.
• Execute pre-defined sales and route plans for the assigned customer segment(s) and/ or geographical area(s).
• Ensure that agreed sales targets and objectives are met by expanding market awareness of Company’s brand, products and services. Passing on of sales leads, referrals etc. to colleagues in other geographical territories.
• Customer identification and recruitment: aggressively grow sales volumes and profitability within the assigned segment(s) and/ or geographical area(s) through proactive sales, upholding Company’s value proposition (speed, quality, reliability, simplicity) and understanding customer requirements/needs.
• Effectively plan own activities to ensure that sales and revenue targets are met and unproductive time is minimized.
• Negotiating and closing of sales of assigned leads, referrals etc. plus those sourced through own efforts.
• Creating and delivery of detailed written and accurate proposals as per Company approved processes for commercial agreements to corporatedecision makers as required.
• Register Company customers onto the Company network and install Company routers, dongles and/ or other equipment at the customer premises.
• Record necessary customer details (prospect and activated) for entry into customer master data-base.
• To be responsible for the safe keeping of any cash received from sales until it has been handed over to the Company Cashier or bank in a Company bank account and in full compliance with Company cash handling policies.
• Manage customer relations, attend to customer and consumer queries and take prompt corrective measures.
• Maintain in good condition all tools of trade (“equipment”) issued by Company and ensure that they are returned to the designated Company person for safe keeping at the end of every day.
• Complete required daily, weekly and monthly reports and submit timeously to assigned manager as required. Make appropriate recommendations where necessary.
• Attending daily/weekly team meetings as required.
• Provide any other ad hoc duties assigned from time to time by the Line Manager or any other person appointed by the Company for this purpose.
Education and experience
• Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or other business related degree
• 2 – 3 years of demonstrable successful operational sales experience in telecoms and/or FMCG with ideally SME acquisition experience
• Full valid driver’s motor vehicle licence
• Experience in the same or similar role in an ISP or telecom services provider advantageous
• Good spoken and written command of the English language
• PC Literate (MS Office, i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint, social media + Other)
• Local market knowledge
• Demonstrable successful interpersonal and networking skills
Contact/How to apply:
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Please mark your application and the email or envelope subject should be “position name - PPG” where you replace position name with the position you would like to apply for. E-mails must not exceed 2 MB.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group