Job title: Programme Manager Grants and Monitoring & Evaluation
City / Location: Kampala
Min. years of experience: 3 years
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: August 14, 2013 - 5pm
As Programme Manager Grants and Monitoring & Evaluation (PMG) you are responsible for the planning of and reporting on all projects of War Child in Uganda. Additionally you will lead the development of project proposals and you will make sure that Monitoring & Evaluation are embedded in all projects and provide the basis for learning and accountability.
• Responsible for the appropriate planning and control of project implementation;
• Ensure that the Planning, Learning and Accountability cycle is up-to-date and being implemented consistently;
• Responsible for timely compilation of donor reports and maintains relationship with stakeholders;
• Lead the process for developing proposals ensuring they are in line with the strategy;
• Management of the Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator including coaching & guidance.
• Relevant academic background (social science and management) e.g. International Relations, Social Sciences, Business Administration;
• Min 3 years of experience in project development and implementation with an (I)NGO in an international humanitarian or developmental context;
• Proven experience in proposal development, fundraising and donor compliance;
• Knowledge of participatory planning and programming methods;
• Experienced in community development work using community based and other development approaches.
• Strong written and verbal expressions skills in English;
• Result- focused and persistent to achieve goals;
• Team player to manage, lead and to be part of a team;
• Good networking skills;
• Creative; seeking alternative solutions to problems;
• Stress-resilient to be able to cope with deadlines and complex problems.
War Child offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team of people and the backup of a strong and professional organisation in The Netherlands. This position is open for both national & international candidates.
War Child offers good remuneration and excellent benefits. The exact package will determined on national or international candidature.
Contact/How to apply:
Please visit our website www.warchildholland.org for more information on the organisation and the programme.