Job Title: Senior Projects Accountant
Employer: Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Application Deadline: 13th Aug 2013
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Ltd is responsible for bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda .
Key Result Areas
• Ensure all statements of affairs position and Project expenditure summaries are recorded and signed off on a monthly basis .
• Review inputs of payment vouchers , Adjustment Journals , coding system for vochures and ensuring Capturing in Sun System is accurate . Reconciliation of ledger accounts and to ensure that necessary journals are made and filled.
• Liaise with complete finance on matters concerning Project Expenditures
• Co-ordinate the preparation of revenue and capital budgets for Projects including but not limited to giving guidance and technical support to budget Centres .
• Bachelors Degree in either in either B.Com or BBA or BSc or BA in Accounting from a recognized University .
• Possession of professional qualifications such as CPA (U), CPA(K), ACCA etc
• Significant experience in accounting for Donor funded projects
• Working experience in implementing computerized intergrated management systems , hands on experience in use of Sun Systems Accounting Packages .
• Highly motivated to drive and others to the highest levels of individual and team performance .
• Good supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical and communication skills
• Must be able to withstand stressful work situations and have willingness to work for long hours outside the official working hours .
How to apply
Suitably qualified persons should send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualifications certificates and testimonials along with their curriculum vitae including contact postal address , daytime contact telephone , fax or e-mail and giving three referees to ;
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited
P. O. Box 7625