Job Title: Principal Civil Engineer
Ref: HRM 48/70/01 VOL. III (Re-Advertised)
Organization Ministry Of Education and Sports
Closing Deadline: 6th Nov 2013
Minimum Qualifications and Working Experience:
• Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with a bias in Structural Analysis and Design plus a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in Housing Studies or its equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
• Applicants should be registered Engineers with the Uganda Engineers Registration Board (UERB)
• Applicants should have a minimum of six (6) years working experience in Civil Engineering Works particularly, construction supervision and management and dealing with Engineering Consultants, three (3) of which should have been gained at the level of Senior Engineer in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
• Applicants should have well developed interpersonal and communication skills, leadership and management qualities and should be computer literate.
• Providing technical advice in Civil Engineering
• Supervising the Engineers and Assistant Engineers directly under him.
• Supervising construction of civil works to ensure compliance to contractual specifications and time frames.
• Overseeing and supervising consultants, where applicable and ensuring that their performance leads to successful implementation of the project.
• Attending construction site meetings.
• Preparing monthly and quarterly reports for the Construction Unit
• Checking that payment certificates and of value for money.
• Representing the Assistant Commissioner in meetings.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Form No.3(2008) to the
Secretary Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala to be received not later than 6th November 2013
The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office
on 2nd floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala,
Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices.
Hand written applications are also acceptable.
The advertisement can also be accessed from the Public Service Commission website on www.psc.go.ug. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, plus three recent certified passport size photographs