Job Title: Storekeeper – QSL/OGEC/08/13-11 - 6 posts
Organization Q-Sourcing Ltd
Closing Deadline: 16th Oct 2013
• The Storekeeper is responsible for the operation of the rig site, performing many concurrent tasks primarily in support of the Maintenance Section in this department. Included in the duties are a number of tasks that will cause interruptions to the normal flow of work.
• The incumbent must be able to accept these interruptions and continue to perform this job.
• Maintenance personnel require keys, tools and equipment for daily work assignments. Distribution of these items is done from the storeroom.
• All items issued must be accounted for when returned.
• This is a challenge when the bulk of transactions occur early in the morning as the workers are starting and at the end of the afternoon when the workers are shutting down.
• Administering documents and paper flow including material withdrawals, purchase requisitions, blanket orders, purchase orders and invoices.
• Maintaining a good report with all vendors to maintain quality sen/ice and products.
• Keeping up to date with the latest equipment and tools and any new companies that have entered the market. This requires reading trade magazines and attending trade shows.
• Having extensive knowledge about the use of all equipment and services and knowing which equipment or tools are most reliable and price effective.
• Using SAP System data base to track
Ordering for forepersons when absent.
• Knowing the valid accounting values for all maintenance sections.
• Interacting with central stores for deliveries.
• Maintaining an established inventory of hardware, maintenance and safety supplies in the storeroom area for distribution to maintenance personnel.
• checking equipment (such as ladders, hard hats and safely harnesses) and certificates of equipment for safety concerns before issuing to personnel.
• Dispatching personnel vehicles to pickup and deliver maintenance personnel and material.
• Issuing and receiving keys, tools, and equipment for maintenance personnel.
• High school degree in petroleum engineering or relevant experience as a Storekeeper
• Minimum 3 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
• familiar with oilfield terminology
• Mathematical skills sufficient to perform calculations for equipment hours, usage of liquids and inventory of spares
• Computer skills to enter data into especially in SAP System
• Microsoft Office Skills
• Forklift certification
• certificates in first aid,
• Safety Training Courses and Medical Certificate
• Participate in all safely training.
How to Apply:
All applicants are strongly advised to clearly state and highlight their suitability for the above positions, and to send their curriculum vitae - highlighting the job reference number to: The Human Resource Manager,
Plot 29, Bukoto Street,
P.O. Box 12883,