Job Title: Account Remediation Maker/Checker - 00141540
Recruiter: Barclays Bank
Duty Station: Kampala,
Reports to: Manager Mandate Remediation Project
About Barclays Africa:
Barclays Africa encompasses Barclays Global Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Barclaycard operations in 10 countries organised in four geographic areas: North Africa (Egypt), East and West Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya), Southern Africa (Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe), and Indian Ocean (Mauritius and Seychelles).
Barclays Africa serves its 2.8m customers through a network of 573 branches and service centres providing a variety of traditional financial products including retail mortgages, current and deposit accounts, commercial lending, unsecured lending, credit cards, treasury and investments.
Job Summary: The Account Remediation Maker/Checker will serve as a member of the Liabilities Operations team under the Mandates at Archives Remediation Project, providing key support in the remediation of customer information held on file and in the system This role will include but not be limited to:
· Reviewing of all mandates and related customer instructions held in the archives and organizing them chronologically to provide a single customer view on file
· Provision of daily management information to the Project Manager of cases processed and outcome
· Authorizing of data captured in the system as part of the project process
1. Review and update of documentation held on customer files and related instructions in archives (80%):
· Review customer files and add all related instructions to the file in chronological order
· File and clearly label the newly created customer mandates as per the new process
· Review information captured in the various systems used (FCR/KAMLS) and confirm correctness.
· Check and authorise all updates made in FCR and KAMLS as part of the project
· Make appropriate account amendments or updates on customers’ accounts as required by the business from time to time.
· On a daily basis, provide accurate and timely MI to line manager for accounts checked and the results
· Provide any support required for the project
2. Query Resolution (10%):
· Actively respond to and resolve queries / issues raised to project team as assigned from time to time
· Adhere to the service level agreement (SLA) between the project team and project Steering Committee
3. Snap Checks and Controls (10%)
· Conduct regular snap checks as assigned by team manager or other members of management
· Adhere to the IRM policies and project procedures for security of customer data
· The applicant should possess a University degree or equivalent qualification with good pass in English and Mathematics at ‘O’ level
Skills & Experience:
· A minimum of one year’s working experience preferably in a banking environment
· Comprehensive understanding of bank products
· Excellent understanding of account opening requirements
· Excellent knowledge of KYC, IRM and related policies
· Possess keen eye for detail
· Excellent communication skills
· Good time management skills
· Excellent knowledge of KYC and related policies.
· Good computer literacy application skills i.e. proficiency in MS Word ,Excel & Outlook
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 13th January, 2014