Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala,
Reports to: Research and Product Development Manager (R&PDM)
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 31 networked branches countrywide and 4 contact offices; regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003. Pride is an equal opportunity employer and is looking for mature and experienced individuals to fill the vacancy above. These are dream career opportunities for highly dynamic, creative and innovative astute performers within the financial sector with a passion for growth.
Job Summary: The Research and Product Development Officer will be responsible for the efforts of Research and Product Development Manager in conducting research activities and maintaining research capability to support business planning, development of new products, management of donor supported and marketing efforts of Pride.
· Proactively participate in the writing of proposals to donors so as to secure extra funding for Pride to support its product/services development processes.
· Management of donor funded projects
· Conduct field visits and prepare feasibility study reports for new branch offices and e-platform channels in line with both the institution's operations and business plan.
· Carry out market research and intelligence on current and new innovations in the banking industry and generate reports, in line with the department's work plan.
· Liaise with branch management to conduct follow up activities regarding the performance of the institutions products/services and prepare quarterly reports.
· Assist the R&PDM in developing and following up on product development proposals aimed at enhancing Pride's revenue growth.
· Co-ordinate responses to external and internal research inquiries from colleagues, government departments and agencies as well as the general public.
· Participate in the management of Pride's social media platforms to generate business leads that will enhance the institution's business performance.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the R&PDM.
· The applicant should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, BA (Bachelor of Arts), Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Statistics, Bachelor of Economics, Bachelor of arts in Social Sciences or in any other relevant / related field.
· Possess at least two Principal passes at A' Level.
· Credits in Maths and English at O' level
Skills and Experience:
· The Officer should possess one year's hands-on experience and proven skills in marketing research.
· Excellent report writing skills. '
· Possess a high degree of integrity, excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and must be able to meet set deadlines.
Age: Less than 30 years of age.
If you believe you meet our requirements, have the necessary skills and experience, you desire to succeed and make a difference, then apply indicating your current salary, salary expectation and attach a detailed CV, copies of complete academic transcripts and professional certificates, postal address, names of three professional referees and a daytime telephone contact to: The Head Human Capital Management, Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI), Victoria Office Park, Block B, Bukoto, Plot 6-9 Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala - Uganda Tel: +256 414 346297/346930/258150, +256 312 262365/6 Fax: +256 414 346 147 Email: email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Monday, 6th January 2014.