Vacancy: Health Program Manager
Recruiting Company Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
Closing date: March 28, 2014 - 5pm
• Work collaboratively with other program managers and analysts in a matrixed relationship on the country team to identify and advance other program’s objectives through eHealth technologies
• Work with MoH and partners to drive formal coordinating structures and participate actively in Technical Working Groups (TWGs)
• Identify, design and implement appropriate programs to solve pressing health system problems with technology solutions
• Establish detailed technical specifications and identify appropriate technological systems for various health programs in Uganda
• Work in liaison with multiple MoH departments, CHAI country, and CHAI global teams to develop or adapt detailed strategies and implementation plans for eHealth interventions
• Mentor, train and mentor internal and external staff in the use and maintenance of these technologies; establish sustainable training programs when necessary to be devolved to the MoH
• Offer support in identifying funding sources and develop resource mobilization plans for eHealth programs
• Launch and manage operational research pilots to evaluate and monitor the impact of these programs during and after implementation
• Develop program budgets and cash forecasts, and ensure activities are executed according to work plan and approved budgets, and compile progress reports and presentations on program progress and activities
• The eHealth team will also oversee all ICT needs for the office, including tech support, IT equipment inventorying, internet access, etc.
• Perform any other roles and responsibilities as per the activities, as needed
• The applicant must possess a good Master’s degree from an accredited university in Business, Public Health, Engineering, Computer Science, or other applicable field.
• Significant experience working in the developing world
• Prior experience of agile processes (interactive and incremental s/w development approach) and familiarity with applicable programming languages and database management software
• The applicant should possess five or more years’ experience with demonstrable skills in managing IT / software development projects and managing teams
• Good knowledge and understanding and demonstrable technical knowledge of the underpinnings of eHealth technologies and programs, and a solid knowledge of diverse programming languages
• Proven experience with project management tools e.g. Microsoft Project / Basecamp and versioning tools such as CVS, GIT as well as developing and managing budgets, work plans, and proposals
• Good working knowledge of all phases of software development cycle, requirements documents and skills in negotiating and communicating with multiple and diverse stakeholders in challenging environment environments
• Possess the ability to solve challenging problems without extensive structural or operational support;
• Ability to adapt to fast-paced and changing environments, both internally and externally; to learn new cutting edge languages, methodologies and technologies
• Excellent analytical skills
• Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent business-oriented verbal, visual and written communication skills
• Language fluency both written and verbal English
• Possession of prior managerial experience working in a technology or other start-up organization will be an added advantage
• Possess basic educational or occupational, in public health or Statistics Management.
• The applicant must be highly motivated with a broad technical understanding of database driven information technology platforms, strong program management and analytical skills, and experience working in healthcare in the developing world.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a high degree of self-confidence.
• S/he must be able to function independently, be a self-starter, dedicated, and have a strong commitment to excellence.
• Good management capabilities, as s/he will be managing a team of highly technical staff and general program staff to develop or adapt eHealth technologies or programs.
• S/he should also exhibit a number of important personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
If you are passionate about humanities and desire to join this prestigious health NGO founded by one of the United States of America’s Former Presidents, Bill Clinton, please click web link below. https://careers-chai.icims.com/jobs/4420/ehealth-program-manager/job?mob...