Vacancy: Head, Portfolio Analytics & Management Information (AVP) - 00158911
Recruiting Organisation: Barclays Bank
Duty Station: Kampala,
Reports to: Head, Retail Credit Risk
About Barclays Africa:
Barclays Africa encompasses Barclays Global Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, and Barclaycard operations in 10 countries organised in four geographic areas: North Africa (Egypt), East and West Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda and Kenya), Southern Africa (Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe), and Indian Ocean (Mauritius and Seychelles).
Job Summary: The Barclays Head, Portfolio Analytics & Management Information (AVP) will oversee the Analytics function and take primary accountability ensuring that analytical solutions/monitoring packs, Management Information (MI), modelling, profitability measurement and Impairments are managed effectively, aligned to process compliance as per policy guidelines. This will be done through;
· Ensuring Group reporting deadlines are adhered to.
· Manage development of MI required for key committees within country
· Assess portfolio profitability, growth and risks on an ongoing basis
· Actively participate in forecasting and provide analysis required to make informed decisions
· Working closely, co-ordinate and provide various inputs and responses, as required, on impairments, forecasting, MI and analytics to stakeholders
· Establishment and maintain effective working relationship with key stakeholders across business
1. MI & Analytics: 50%
· Manage consistent and timely delivery of analytics support to minimize losses and maximize profits through Trend Analysis, Impairment Analysis, Account management analysis, Profitability analysis, Stress testing, Fraud analytics, Collections strategies and loss reduction strategies
· Identify opportunities to reduce loss, enhance revenue by building new rules & strategies, collection strategies, cross sell, up sell models
· Identify new opportunities for enhancing, streamlining services through use of advanced analytics, automation and optimization
· Use of statistical tools and techniques such as – forecasting, segmentation, predictive analytics etc.
· Evaluate projects from a business perspective and showcase analytics value add across projects and different forums
2. Impairment & Models: 35%
· Make sure that all relevant models are understood and input into its development are provided
· Actively participate, review and challenge in the working day meetings to establish month end impairments forecasts and understand impairment drivers
· Guarantee all modeling issues are pro-actively identified and addressed by regularly engaging with relevant stakeholders, for instance if model inputs appears to be missing or inaccurate, this need to be addressed and communicated to stakeholders
· Manage the monthly impairment processes ensuring that adequate controls are maintained over impairments
· Ensure that models are appropriate for the business use and that they are monitored and tracked as per policy
3. Leadership: 15%
· Develop a highly motivated team of credit analysts maintaining excellent relationships within own team and wider business to ensure achievement of business goals.
· Consider the training and development needs of the team and support the development and implementation of solutions.
· Ensure effective performance development and succession planning for the team.
· Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
· Carry out quarterly PD discussions with team members according to PD guidelines.
· Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Resource.
· Address poor performance of any team member through a formal development programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
· Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised.
· The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelors of Science in Mathematics / Statistics / Quantitative Economics / Applied or Mathematical Economics / Computer science / Data analytics
· Possession of a Masters of Science in Mathematics / Statistics / Economics / Applied or Mathematical Economics / Computer science / Data analytics or an MBA with specialization in Finance is highly preferred
· Past exposure and experience in a analytics role in the financial services industry
Skills and Experience:
At least four years’ experience in credit Risk Analytics or Business Planning
· Extensive Knowledge of SAS, SQL and other statistical programming languages
· Proficiency in financial Modeling in Excel
· Business Process Management skills
· Skills in the development of customer (internal/ external) orientation
· Advanced Relationship Management skills
· Extensive financial services knowledge
· Barclays Knowledge
· Highly flexible and adaptable
· Advanced Innovative Approach
· Advanced Teamwork
· Advanced Result Orientation
· Advanced Problem Solving
· Advanced Decision Making skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 26th May, 2014