Thursday, 2 May 2013
Executive Assistant - British High Commission Kampala
Job title: Executive Assistant
The British High Commission Kampala (BHC) seeks to recruit a dynamic, experienced and adaptable individual to join their busy, but rewarding, Defence Section team. "Due to the security clearance requirements for the position, the vacancy is only open to nationals of the following countries: The United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand".
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: MS Office (in general)
Salary level: Annual gross of Uganda Shillings 31,261,538/- to 47,042,206/-.
Closing date: May 9, 2013 - 5pm
The Defence Section is seeking to recruit an individual knowledgeable and skilled in Executive Assistant Duties. The successful applicant will have to be flexible, manage competing priorities and work to tight deadlines. They will need to be proactive and, in addition to EA duties, be capable of dealing with a varied workload to include event planning, information management and accounts verification. They will need to have excellent people skills, work effectively within a focused environment and have the ability to work under minimum supervision paying close attention to detail.
Provide efficient and effective support to the Defence Team to include:
• Diary Management: Ensuring the electronic diary and contact list is kept current and in a logical order
• Correspondence: Production, registration and dispatch of office correspondence in all its formats
• Meetings: Plan, organize, book and confirm meetings, including related transport, feeding and accommodation requirements.
• Visits: Follow logical pattern for arriving visitors and training teams to include transport, accommodation and meeting bookings both incoming and outgoing.
• Social; Reply to official and private invitations, organize and book catering and refreshment required for official entertainment
• Diplomatic Clearance; submit and monitor diplomatic clearances for staff, aircraft visits and over flights.
• Personnel support - Provide administrative support for Defence Section personnel
• Ceremonial events : Assist in the organization of ceremonial events
• Filing; ensure that files are kept current and relevant.
• VTC Coordinator; Coordinate and administer VTC requirements
• Visitors/Office Calls; Administer security arrangements for visitors and escort as appropriate
• Registry Link; Act as the registry link through collection and delivery from the Registry of all incoming hard copy mail, and the emptying and distribution of out trays.
• Line Manager Responsibility: Be responsible for the briefing the Defence Section Driver in the daily and weekly tasks to be undertaken.
General assistance and any other task allocated by the Defence Adviser or Assistant Defence Adviser
Qualifications and Experience
a. Excellent Level of Written and Spoken English is essential
b. Good organisational skills essential
c. Previous Personal Assistant experience preferred
d. Working knowledge of MS Office Packages
e. Ability to work under pressure and prioritise
• Managing Self, Others and Resources
• Delivering Results
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving
• Working with others
The gross annual salary range for this position is Uganda Shillings 31,261,538/- to 47,042,206/-.
Contact/How to apply:
Due to the security clearance requirements for this position, this vacancy is only open to nationals of the following countries: The United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Terms and conditions of employment for locally engaged staff will apply.
To apply please send or e-mail your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the post and how you meet the above competencies to the address below, with 3 work-related referees including copies of educational certificates to the address below. The appointment will be subject to security clearances and appropriate CV verification procedures:
The HR Manager
British High Commission
4 Windsor Loop
PO Box 7070
Clearly mark the subject field or envelope: “BHC – Executive Assistant”. Attachments to e-mails must not be more than 2 MB.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.