Friday, 3 May 2013
Gender and HIV Program Officer - Oxfam International in Kampala
Job Title: Gender and HIV Program Officer
Oxfam International is recruiting suitable applicants for the vacant post above .
The Role ;
• Will be responsible for the delivery of the Violence Against Women project and will manage four partiners .
• Ensure timely reporting by the partiners and disbursement of grants including organizing ongoing capacity building support to the partiners .
• Conduct quarterly monitoring visits to partiners and field programs to mentor and support them in delivering gender sensitive projects .
• Will have graduate qualification in Women’s Studies , Gender and Development, Social Sciences or Humanities and at least 3 years experiences in similar position addressing gender equity issues, and a sound understanding of the importance of gender in development programs , campaigns and humanitarian response work are essential as well as demonstrated training and facilitation skills ;
• Proven experience working with and managing partiner organizations
• You should have a personal commitment to gender equality, and experience in gender work and/or violence against women as well as demonstrate understanding of current national processes towards ending gender-based violence in Uganda and related policies & practices.
How to apply
If you are the ideal national candidate for any of the above roles , please submit your application and CV in English detailing your experience for the post and include the daytime telephone contacts to email@example.com
Deadline: 10/ 05 /2013