Tuesday, 23 July 2013
Regional Logistics Officer - Malaria Consortium in Kampala
Job Title: Regional Logistics Officer
Reports To: Africa Operations Manager
Location: Kampala - Uganda
Malaria Consortium is an international organisation working primarily in Africa and Asia on communicable disease control. Malaria Consortium works closely with Ministries of Health (MoH) and partners and is involved in all aspects of malaria control, from policy and strategy development to implementation, monitoring, evaluation and research. Malaria Consortium also works on tuberculosis control and other communicable diseases, including neglected tropical diseases. Malaria Consortium provides comprehensive technical services and ensures its Programmes have high level technical oversight. Its approach is to support national systems wherever possible and to improve programmes through rigorous monitoring, evaluation and operational research. The Malaria Consortium’s head office is in London, UK and the Africa Regional Office is in Kampala, Uganda. There are several country offices in Africa and a regional office in Thailand.
The Regional Logistics Officer is part of the Malaria Consortium Operations department at regional level and provides support to the Africa regional officeand country logistics staff in a wide range of logistics processes including;
• Procurement policy implementation, training and follow up
• Asset management policy implementation, training and follow up
• Warehousing and storage policy implementation, training and follow up
• Fleet Management policy implementation, training and follow up
• Follow up of international procurement through the appointed procurement agent
The Regional Logistics Officer will work with the Africa Operations Manager and logistics staff across the region to ensure that logistics systems are in place and followed and that reporting processes are adequate.He/she will also ensure high quality of support to the well-functioning of the Africa Regional office.
Procurement and Logistics
• Support the delivery of a high quality, timely, transparent and accountable procurement through a standard procurement tracking system.
• Carry out procurement for the Africa regional office and for projects supported at regional level
• Be the focal person between Malaria Consortium and the appointed procurement agent by ensuring the right goods are purchased, through the right channel, delivered at the right place and at the right time.
• Support the review of, and ensure compliance with, Malaria Consortium operations and logistics systems including manuals and purchase order processes and filing
• Assist country offices to establish authorised and contracted vendors and maintain a reliable database of price list for different categories of works, supplies and suppliers
• Support country offices to maximise compliance with procurement and logistical donor compliance
• Support country logistics staff to ensure that vehicle transportation needs are met in a safe manner with well-maintained and insured vehicles driven by trained and disciplined drivers
• Ensure that vehicle maintenance schedules are monitored and maintained through monthly tracking from each country programme.
• Ensure that mileage and fuel use is actively monitored and correctly reported to finance for donor reporting and management information through monthly tracking from country programmes.
• Provide advice and training to support teams to ensure that all stocks are well received, stored and dispatched with good record keeping in line with Malaria Consortium’s warehouse policy
• Ensure regular stock counts are carried out in all countries through monthly stock reports from country programmes.
• Travel to country programmes to assist with stock reconciliation and quality control when there is a need.
• Support the implementation of the asset manual in country offices and provide training to staff as required
• Ensure asset checks and reports are consistently and accurately submitted by country offices through a quarterly tracking report form country programmes.
• During country visits perform a check of the assets register and the asset registering process to ensure that assets are recorded, the asset register is up to date, and that assets are well maintained and stored.
• In Kampala, support the logistical and office running activities of the regional office in coordination with the country office operations team.
• Support the regional admin officer in conference, meeting and or other official events preparation when requested.
• Assist the Africa Operations Manager in compiling and producing qualitative logistics reports including Procurement Tracking, Stock, Vehicle fuel consumption and usage tracking on a monthly basis.
Qualifications and experience:
• A degree or high level of education in a relevant field: Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, Administration
• At least three years logistics experience with an International NGO or similar organisation
• Experience in international procurement and good knowledge of key commodities and suppliers
• Good working understanding of various donors requirements
• Proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience in providing regional logistics support
• Financial and budgetary skills
• Experience of working in relatively insecure locations
• Flexible approach and positive attitude
• Length of contract:
• Travel: when required.
• National Position at regional level
Closing date is Wednesday 31stJuly 2013
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com
Ref: Regional Logistics Officer