Wednesday, 21 August 2013
Finance/Human Resource Manager Job Opportunity at International Lifeline Fund in Uganda
Job title: Finance/Human Resource Manager
City / Location: Kampala
Min. years of experience: 3 years
Minimum degree: Bachelors degree
Closing date: September 2, 2013 - 5pm
International Lifeline Fund (ILF is an innovative humanitarian development organization, dedicated to provide clean drinking water and fuel-efficient cooking techniques to habitants in Kenya, Uganda and Haiti. ILF embraces an entrepreneurial spirit, a bottom-up philosophy to development, and a flexible, low-cost operational approach. ILF’s vision is a world, in which no one is forced to drink contaminated water or expose themselves, their family, and their environment to the harms associated with cooking on an open fire.
The Finance/Logistics Manager is responsible for managing ILF Uganda’s finances, coordinating logistics and procurement, and providing operational support to ILF Uganda’s Country Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer and monitor the financial and accounting system in order to ensure that the ILF finances and assets are maintained in an accurate and timely manner and comply with the ILF policies and procedures
• Ensure conformity with ILF reporting requirements and compliance standards established by each donor in managing grant projects
• Monitor actual grant expenditures against approved donor line items on a monthly basis; advise program staff of any irregularities and make recommendations for future action o Maintain relations with the bank and service providers as well as important contacts of the organization
• Expedite field based payments, summarize expenses, classify and code as per ILF and donor requirements and compile for program-wide financial report consolidation o Timely settle staff / business advances and ensure that all are current and cleared
• Review internal control systems and how they have been implemented and recommend strengthening wherever necessary.
• Supervise procurement of needed supplies in coordination with logistics department o Maintain and implement an effective and well-documented system of procurement, transportation, and storage of materials and supplies
• Manage and maintain all machinery and equipment, implementing a system for monitoring usage and tracking location- add(manage inventory)
• Ensure that systems are in place to track maintenance schedules, fuel usage and vehicle scheduling.
• Support timely and accurate processing and documentation of procurements, and ensure accurate paperwork and a supply chain.
• Maintain service and vendor contracts and seek out new contracts as program needs require
3. Administration/ Human Resources
• Ensure operations are conducted in accordance with ILFs policies and procedures, all statutory regulations, and tax requirements.
• Support ILF Uganda’s Country Coordinator in the negotiation of contracts, MOUs, FLAs, grants, cooperative agreements and their modifications or extensions.
• Ensure the respect of the staff rules, regulations and internal policies
• Administration of payroll, leave time, new contracts and all duties connected with the recruitment of new staff including posting, interviews, and new staff orientation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant should posses a University or higher degree in relevant discipline
• Proficiency in the use of Quickbooks
• Three or more years management experience with international humanitarian organizations in finance and logistics.
• Past Budget management experience in programs with multiple donors
• Good understanding of basic principles of accounting
• Management experience in operations (admin, logs, finance, HR)
• High sense of responsibility and excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
• Energetic, flexible and willing to work irregular hours
• Good command of computer programs and applications with significant capabilities in computerized database and spreadsheet construction, and their practical application.
Contact/How to apply:
All applicants should send applications via E-mail with an updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.