Job Title Individual Consultant
Organization Nile Basin Initiative
Closing date: 15 Sep 2013
The NBI Secretariat is looking for qualified individuals to provide consultancy services in various assignments, including writing a 10-20 page high level briefing paper on a selected topic; collect data on a selected topic, analyze, synthesize and compile it into a briefing paper. The qualifications and experiences required are listed below. Interested individuals are kindly requested to send their most recent Curriculum Vitae through the address given below at their earliest convenience.
NBI-SP&M_01 Title: Individual Consultant to write a high level briefing paper of about 10 -20 pages on one or more topics below.
• Ecosystem services and instruments needed to maintain them within the Nile Basin
• Harnessing and optimizing development opportunities to ensure resilience to climate change for the Basin citizens
• Challenges to the Nile Cooperation
• SADC trans boundary water protocol as a case study, drawing the lessons for the Nile Basin Type of assignment: short term (< 1 month for each paper)
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
Education: A post graduate degree in social sciences, water resources management, natural sciences or any other related fields.
• At least 10 years’ relevant experience in trans boundary water resources/River basin management
• Good analytical and writing skills, with experience writing briefing papers is an added advantage.
• Past similar experience working with Regional/international based organizations will be an added advantage.
• Experience in project management; management of water related projects or programs will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated communication, writing and reporting skills with good command of English language.
• Integrity and judgment in all professional matters
• A team player who can work efficiently and diplomatically in a multi- cultural environment.
How to apply:
Please send most recent CV to email firstname.lastname@example.org