City Moroto, ,
Employment Type: Full time
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an international humanitarian NGO. For over thirty years it has been Implementing Food Secunty and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene activities in bra, Gulu, Amuru, Nwoya. Kaabong, Napak and Moroto Districts
The Surveillance Officer participates in the implementation of the survey. The officer assists the line manager in planning, implementation, and reporting of survey activities. Participation and ownership by DHOs and other stakeholders of the project is crucial to the success of the project
• Participate in developing and using project work plans.
• Train the surveillance supervisors and enumerators on survey methodology and coordination of field activities.
• Assist the line manager in the training of DHO and other NGO staff on data collection system, information rim and quality assurance.
• Clarify training administrative matters (timetable, allowances etc) to participants.
• Write training Report
• Supervise the data entrant in the field and ensure quality work.
• Collaborate with the OHO, local authorities and other partners in the implementation of activities within communities. Update program manager on any contextual information that is vital in smooth running of the project.
• First degree in Nutrition, community health or statistics.
• Minimum one year in nutrition surveillance or in a related area.
• Good competence in using programs such as ENA for SMART, SPSS and MS Office
• Report writing, communication, learn spirit community participation, good knowledge of Karamoja region and management skill is a plus
• Fluent written and spoken English, Knowledge of Ngakarimojong an asset;
How to Apply:
Application Procedure - Applications should include a cover letter, CV with at least three referees, copies of academic certificates and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should riot be larger than 3 MB. Any larger email will not be considered.
Address your email application to: email@example.com mentioning Position in the subject line.
Address your hard copy application to the Head of Base. ACF Kaabong Office, or to Base Administrators in ACF bases in Uganda: Gulu, Kampala and Moroto.