Job title: Centrifuge Operator- QSL/ OGEC/08/13-07 - 6 posts
Organization Exalo Drilling in Uganda
Closing date: October 16, 2013
• Operating, monitoring and maintenance of solids control equipment
• Assisting in the severing, trouble-shooting & installation of equipment as required.
• Rigging up and down location equipment.
• Working on centrifuges, shakers, dryers and augers.
• Run continuous tests on the solids discharge and the effluent discharge on both units along with comparing information with the Fluid Service Technician to make sure that the centrifuges are set for optimum performance and the gravity percentage of the mud is within the bore tolerance.
• Perform pre and post job equipment inspections, perform and complete preventative maintenance procedures and operate support equipment.
• Assemble and prepare equipment for installation and service and perform initial set up for next job.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
• Maintain records of daily operation checklists.
• Responsible to maintain cleanliness of the centrifuge area: take out garbage, keep floors and ground clear of debris and wipe down oil marks.
• Responsible to move fluids, gauge tanks, completing all basic operations of the centrifuge, monitor fluid levels, etc
• Secondary school degree or High school degree or equivalent experience in a technical field in petroleum or chemical industry
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry
• Certificates in first aid,
• Fork lift operator certificate
• Language: English
• Safety Training Courses and Medical Certificate
How to apply:
All applicants are strongly advised to clearly state and highlight their suitability for the above positions, and to send their curriculum vitae (highlighting the job reference number) to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Plot 29, Bukoto Street,
Applicants may also send soft copy applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.